Friday, October 05, 2007

Replacing My Bluetooth that Mati Lemas

Yes some of you may remember that I lost my bluetooth headset to the washing machine just a few days ago.

To make matters worse, I was feeling very broke after spending so much money on booze that night at Velvet but I knew that I just can't do without a headset.

So the very same day, I went straight to The Curve to buy myself a new one.

I walked around The Curve and ended up on the Ground Floor of Cineileisure Damansara.

There were quite a few mobile phone vendors there so I walked up to one and said
"I just killed my bluetooth today... and I need a new one".

The man behind the counter took a quick look at me and thought to himself
"Niama... little boy in a "Mr Happy" T-shirt... don't even know whether he can really afford a bluetooth headset or just playing punk with me!".
But he decided to humour me anyway
"Sure Sir... we have this very special bluetooth. Locally made but it is very reliable. It costs more than the Motorola, Samsung or Sony Ericsson ones but it is very stable. Trust me, so far no complaint!".

I have never used a non-Motorola Bluetooth before.

So I thought about it and said
"Hmm... this one some more is like a clip wan... can clip on my baju wan right? Damn cool".
And there the salesman was thinking to himself
"Stooopid small kid... clip also cool, like never hang baju before".

So I took a good long look at it and asked some questions about the specs.

The nice salesman smiled and answered my questions promptly... but by the look in his eyes I knew he was thinking
"Niama... this smart Alec asking so many questions... he better buy if not I will do something really bad to him".

Then the question that he was waiting for came
"Do you have anything cheaper ar?"

The salesman then struck a look in his eyes that I knew what he was thinking
"AH HAH! I KNEW IT! NO MAHNEY TO BUY SOME MORE WAN TO PRETEND CAN AFFORD!!!"But again on the outside he said
"Unfortunately not sir... this is the only Bluetooth headset we have".

Then I asked
"How about a normal hands-free set? You know the traditional one with wire one?"

The salesman opened a drawer and took this out.

I asked him how much and he said

"RM10".

My parents always taught me that my reaction to a price quote should always be
"WAH SO EXPENSIVE AR?!?!"

Of course, I forget that the rule doesn't apply sometimes, especially when you're buying cheap products like a kilo of sugar or ..... a fake hands free set.

But I forgot about that so I "accidentally" went on to say
"WAH!!! WHY SO EXPENSIVE?!?!? MADE IN GERMANY AR?!"

The salesman said
"No sir, locally made one... and it's not expensive lar".

Seeing that the salesman was still playing it cool on the outside, I went on to say
"Can give cheaper or not?"

I saw that same "pissed-off" look in the salesman's eyes that I saw earlier... but this time he was thinking
"BLOODY HELL THIS MR HAPPY.... RM10 ALSO WANT TO ASK FOR DISCOUNT... SOMEONE SHOULD BUY HIM A MR. CHEAP SHIRT!!!"

But again on the outside, the nice salesman maintained his cool
"Cannot lar sir... I only make very little from this one sale".

In the end I thought about it and decided.

I've been buying so many bluetooth headsets in the past but they always fail on me one way or another. So why not just go back to the basics and buy something that is cheap and works.

Not to mention, Bluetooth headsets have stopped being cool since uncles with flowery shirts started wearing them on the ear everywhere they go even when they're not on the phone.

So in the end I told the salesman with affirmation
"Forget about the bluetooth... I'll go for the RM10 wan".

The salesman took my RM10 and watched me walk away with my new hands free.

I didn't look back but I knew he was saying to himself
"*(@&(@&($*#(&*$&*(#$(&*#&*($#*($ BLOODY MR CHEAP!!! YOU BETTER NOT CUM BAK AGAIN OR I WILL BEAT YOU SO BAD YOUR OWN MOTHER WON'T BE ABLE TO RECOGNIZE YOU"

But after all his frustration I knew he was trying to calm himself down thinking
"Ok lah... sell it for RM10, my cost is RM8 so made RM2 lah... not bad"

I took a few steps away from the counter... then I turned back and said
"Hey... can I have a plastic bag to put this in?"

The salesman grunted and took one out for me, mentally recalculating in his mind
"Cost RM8 + Cost of plastic bag = RM8.10 so made RM1.90, ten sen less... niama this Mr Happy".

Two days later... I kinda figured out why it doesn't pay to be cheap sometimes.
Haih... broken already.
'

30 comments:

TheBeerCrusader said...

LOL ~

How come it will get brocken so fast ?!

Really that lousy meh ?

Boss Stewie said...

either that or i have fat fingers

Cheng Chun said...

I bet the salesman after you bought the headset was like 'Sei la lei. Your headset is going to die soon. You are screwed. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!'

Boss Stewie said...

cheng: *SNIFF*... people just love to laugh at other peoples' tragedy hor...

Melissa Leng Lui said...

wah boss so geng :D The fella must have cursed your handsfree kit :p

Chocoanut said...

wah... u very cho lo...

JacJac said...

HAH!

you have the typical Penang kia blood in you.
Imma proud of ya!


ALWAYS!!! and i mean it...ALWAYS!!!! ask for a cheaper price! Haggle!! even if we manage to get it cheaper by RM0.10!

(i kinda just memalukan all the Penangnites huh? :p)

I wonder eh boss.. wat if the salesman finds out that Mr.Happy drives a BMW?

Observer said...

Ooi.. I also bought my phone there !!!

KY said...

let me guess, you sat on it?

Jacquelyn Ho said...

ROFL!

I was laughing so hard after reading your post, definitely made my day since I was emo-ing the whole day :) Thanks :)

Wingz said...

that thing cost RM0.80 and its made in china! lol

Kimberly Low said...

rm 10 parking at heritage row liao!

aL said...

boss.. that i-tech brand got 1 model very cantik wan. without clip and wire. just like earphone put inside the ear cavity nia.

very yeng wan...

Boss Stewie said...

huiyin: or sold me a no quality wan :(... some more i paid him so much money for it :P

clement: eh where gott

jac: eh.. i dun drive a bmw... and yes... I make Mother Penang PROUD!!!

freethinker: ohh... did you ask for discount?

ky: no i didn't sit on it.. it just.. came out on its own.. really

jac: aww thank u... didn't exactly think it would be funny.. just a story to tell

wingz: AUGH!!! SHOULD HAVE ASKED MORE DISCOUNT!!!

kimberly: yah... bloody hell.. RM20 valet parking at Zouk some more..

al: ohh... really?? how much?

Stella said...

Haha...cheap stuff never been really good...especially 'water stuff' of mobile phone kit..

Boss Stewie said...

stella: sniff.. tell earlier lor :(

Suet Li said...

HAHA padan muka wtf
huhu i remember i always had to take your handsfree and hand it to u in the car. good times T___T wtf

JB said...

cheap things no good, good things no cheap !

Evil Chica said...

hahaha....buy some more la ...u rich fella..nasib its only RM10..n i dnt think fat fingers can cause catastrophe like tat..mus be u careless one...

SaeWei said...

Alamak.. "Pheng ye mou hou ye" la boss :D:D:D

MikeM said...

boss... i in mobile industry mar... u want bluetooth can get u good deal lar... i think the i-clip last i helped a fren to buy bout rm hundred plus only... ok wat... reliable...

Jess said...

alamak *slaps forehead*

sometimes what you pay is what you get ;P

Unknown said...

boss kena connnnnn.... like his sister's screen plotekter! kesiannnnnnnn...

MaN|acZ said...

why boss so rough wan... soft a bit mah...

no wonder anything that you touch, a few days later sure koyak wan.


:P

Boss Stewie said...

suet li: ahh yes the good times suet li!

ooi: yah... the fact of life *sniff*

ricci: eh i not rich lar... and i didn't do anythign to it.. really it just came apart

sae :*sniff*

michael: hehehe no need ler friend... thanks but dowan to trouble you just for a few dollars discount rite?

jess: a sad fact of life :(

william: that wan is my sister kena con.. not me

maniacz: eh i where got hard... actually i can be quite hard... bwahaha but this time i soft ok?

MaE : ) said...

boss so rough of course la broken!
:p

Observer said...

got ask wor... dia cakap boleh wor... but i din buy bluetooth lar

kimfei said...

lucky u buy the handsfree but not the blurtooth one...

Unknown said...

thats y this time u kena con lor

Evil Chica said...

stil denying meh, Leng Chai...?? rich boy...lol...u mus be rough la ..couldnt be it was broken simply like tat...(long thoughts) suspicious...