Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Scams To Fish Your Banking Information

Received an SMS just yesterday afternoon around 4.04PM saying that I had a payment overdue for my UOB credit card and that I had to call someone named Praba to avoid further proceeding/execution against me. Not sure what "proceeding/execution" means but I think he meant "prosecution".

Photobucket

Project 365: Day 71, 27th April 2009

The only funny thing though is.... I don't HAVE a UOB credit card. So I knew it was a scam to just fish for my personal banking details and hopefully illegally syphon money out of my account (little do they know though that I don't have much money in my account to begin with hahaa).

Anyway I was tempted to play along and reply 
"OH NO NO!!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!"

But I got distracted with work so I decided to leave it alone.

And about 8.52PM later that night the same number sent me another SMS. This time Praba is says he's from Kudrat Partners & Co.

Watch out for these kind of scams guys. Bank Negara put up an announcement not long ago warning people of these scams.

13 comments:

The M said...

hahah XD thats funny.

JD said...

Yeah economy is not good, and fraud cases will be on the rise.

Jwxwei said...

I'm gonna LMAO if I get this! Cos I'm freaking 15! XD

Mark said...

Btw it is easier to post the images of your iPhone by taking screenshots of your iPhone screen.

How to do that you just need to press the menu button and the on/off button at the same time.

The images will be saved in your camera roll.

Boss Stewie said...

marccus: hahaha yeah .... funny stuff

jd: yeah i would think so too

jwxwei: hahaha yeah i really wonder how they get the numbers

mark: wow i just tried it and it worked! i never knew! thanks for the tip

pharmalogik said...

Maybe the UOB credit card is under your name but in another person possession? lol

KY said...

I got one this morning in my email, asking me to change Maybank2u password :S

eiko-chan said...

You should call him and act all "OMG what should i do?", then after he advised you say, "But i don't have a UOB card wor..."... hehehe, that'll be funny =P!

Donny Ang said...

Tim... Kudrat Partners does exist la. They are those people who are loan collectors...

They exist in sun pages and job street la.

They just sms the wrong number.

Terrence Cheang said...

Bank Negara spelled "Payment" as "pymt".

ahlost said...

super hate those scams lor... :(

Anonymous said...

hie timothy tiah...looks like you got a sms from my comapany... we have been in m'sia since 1998...and we are NOT SCAMMING COMPANY...maybe you use to use the number that the sms was sent to...

if you think we are a scamming office pls drop by at kelana jaya

and by the way just for ur info we authorized by BANK NEGARA....GO AND CHECK IT AT BANK NEGARA URSELF ...BEFORE PUTTING UP ANYTHING THAT WILL REFLECT OUR COMPANY REPUTATION...WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE YOU ....SINCE U HAVE PUT US IN THIS POSITION...

amira said...

oh yea? sorry for intruding to this blog as i've been reading this. yes,i knew the Kudrat Partner does exist.and they just DON'T know how to talk to people nicely. well i do realize that they are working for the bank as credit collector but cant they talk politely to the people who never miss their payment? they even call up and say "hey,what's your problem now.tell me so that i know why is the payment late this month" padahal i have mention a week earlier that my gaji will be in late for that month. SERIOUSly u guys does look alike registered ah long.call up the office and keep on marah marah (bukan bercakap tetapi marah marah) what the heck?