Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quick Notes

Man I'm so tired now I feel like just kicking back and reading to sleep. Then again I think about all of you logging on to my blog waiting for an update so I've decided to do a quick one.

1) Last weekend I was at the Playboy Roadshow in MidValley.
It was so much fun. Some Nuffnangers went as Bunnies to win a Prada and Burberry bag. They got so much attention it almost looked like the whole mall was crowding around them.
I even looked upstairs and there were so many people on all 3 floors above crowding around the railing looking down.

I guess the Lamborghini and hot models helped attract that attention too.

2) Was in Singapore since Monday. Flew there for work, had an important meeting on Tuesday with some people from Europe. Learned that some people really know how to live life. One of the French guys we met has a restaurant in Singapore. So what he did was for the fun of it, he named items on the menu after some of his friends in his group. Like... "Timothy Tiramisu". Only that it sounded cooler with European names.

3) After my meeting, the rest of Tuesday was spent mostly in the office of Nuffnang Singapore. Realized how hard the team in Singapore were working for the Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards happening next week.

Some of my colleagues there have been sleeping over at the office for nights and nights in a row. I guess it's a good thing that our office there feels nice and homely.

4) Woke up this morning to the sound of my baby niece playing around outside. Played with her for a while then had to go to work then off to the airport after that. She saw me bring my suitcase out with me so she knew that I was leaving and not coming back for a while.

She tried to hold me back, blocking the front door and then she started crying. The maid had to carry her away while I sneaked away. We both said Byebye. *sigh* Made me almost not want to leave for good.

If I have a daughter like that one day, I would so spoil her. Buy her like the biggest Pooh bears in the world.

5) Went to the Nuffnang office and worked on some plans with Clara on the blog awards then shortly after headed to the airport to catch a flight back to KL.

6) Waited in the airport while the flight got delayed for like 45 minutes. Ended up waiting for a long time but fortunately I had a book with me :)

Just started on it not long ago. So far so good. Did you guys like this book? (No spoilers please!)

7) Reached back to KL only to catch a massive traffic jam on the way home in the taxi. The taxi driver was getting so annoyed with the jam I was afraid he was going to drop me there and then and say "JALAN KAKI BALIK!!!". Fortunately he did not and he graciously sent me to my door step.

8) Came home then went straight for this HP event. They took a picture of me behind this backdrop when I got there. One of the promoters jumped in for the picture.

Then when I left the gave me this picture as a souvenir.

I'm still trying to think of how to explain this picture to Princess if she sees it at my place.

27 comments:

~~haha~~ said...

LOL! I think she would understand la if u explain to her nicely. About "The Kite Runner", haven't read that book, but the movie was good.

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Just say someone ka ka cau cau simply jump into the photo like i wanna take with her.. hahaha!

About kite runner, my friend said the movie is good. never watch or read it before. you can share it with us when u finish reading it.

Maaaaaay said...

The book is awesome! Very touching. I really like his style of writing. If you like this book, you should read his second book: A Thousand Splendid Suns. He's soo good!

~Elaine Tam~ said...

Don't worry, Aud won't get angry..Because Audrey looks way better than the promoter! Hahahahah!~ Opssss~

*hopefully the promoter won't visitting your blog*

ET said...

Kite Runner & A Thousang Splended Suns is daaaaamn blardy good, I got my family to read them

Jun King (JK) said...

i think the promoter did not jump in to take a photo with you. i think you jumped in. hahaha.

autumn said...

the kite runner IS good, but reading the book first spoiled the movie for me >.< thousand splendid suns is good too, highly recommendable, but my colleague commented that the kite runner is better lar, keke...

Boss Stewie said...

haha: i have the movie too. waited to read the book first before i watch the movie

weevideo: hahaha you're damn funny la... ok will share once i finish reading the book

maay: yeah i'm about 1/4 through the book. had some really sad moments already sniff

elaine: hahaha..... i'm not sure if princess will view it that way. :) but i'm just kidding.. i'm sure she'll be okay

et: oohh okok shall read a thousand splendid suns after kite runner

jun king: hahahaha..

autumn: how did it spoil the movie for you? was it because the movie wasn't as good as the book? movies are seldom as good as the book right

KY said...

didn't read the book, watched the movie, very tragic :S

Isley Chang~ said...

boss. try your best to convince her that picture is photoshop. :-p
haha.

Boss Stewie said...

ky: shit... now i'm expecting a tragic ending...

isley: hahahhaa... seeing that she's good at photoshop now. i'll probably fail in doing so

cLiu said...

movie is always not as good as book since we have our own imagination when reading it.

I m reading it till half way but it already took so much of my tears. =P

not going to say anything here but is a good book.

About the pic? nah...ur princess is always ur princess.

pinkpaperplane said...

You just reminded me that the book is on my To Read list. I watched the movie, and that was so awesome. Like everyone said, lots of crying. ;D

Ken Wooi said...

just a photo..
you hands are not around her waist also..
nothing wan lah.. =P

kenwooi.com

Boss Stewie said...

cliu: hehehe yes my princess will always be my princess... that's true

pink: ooh okok... shall finish reading the book asap

kenwooi: hahaha okok yay

messi said...

Just say she came over herself, u din ask for it. hahaha XD

Aud, tim is signaling something... lol

autumn said...

yalor, and cLiu's right, my imagination surpassed the movie more than a dozen times, kept thinking this part could be done better, that part shouldn't be like that... the movie tasted quite bland for me, i couldn't feel a thing from it when i actually found myself tearing when i read the book >.< sigh, can only show so much in movie lor, haha.

Pinky Tham said...

read the book. it was awesome ahha

Huai Bin said...

I loved the Kite Runner, it's a powerful book. I think you'll come to a major event (if you haven't already) that shapes the rest of the book.

Erm, well like you said, she jumped into the photo, not your fault at all. :)

Agnes said...

Kite runner, one of the best books i've read so far. :D

LeangFM said...

b4 kena tangkap surrender dulu... nice move,boss... lol

Daniel T said...

"playboy" girls let me think bout "something" else ... hehee.. !

i like the Lambo more than the girls.. for one reason, Lambo will never change his heart but the girls will ~

Unknown said...

Good Luck!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Bunny girls.....I wonder where the bunny icon originated from?

Nicole said...

haha.. u can also use the photo with David Wong. Haha.

JD said...

I think it will be alright lar...it's not like the girl is a pretty as Princess right?

-tAkEmOtO- said...

Love the book. It tells a story about someone going back to redeem his mistakes in the past. After you read this you can go on to read A Thousand Splendid Suns. I'm looking forward to his books in the future ^_^