Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Boss Stewie Goes Shopping for Office Furniture (Part 2): IKEA!!!

After moving in most of our big office furniture, it was time to shop for the smaller less essential stuff.... like... a rubbish bin!!!

For that, I went to Ikea!

Going to Ikea reminds me of my London student days when I would go there to shop for furniture that I would have to bring home and assemble myself.

Some people enjoy assembling their own study tables, cupboards and even beds... but I don't.

I like everything ready made! Thank you very much. Just plug and play!
Fortunately in Malaysia, Ikea delivers and helps you assemble it too.

Ikea is fantastic!

I mean... even if you're not planning on buying anything, it's just fun to walk around!!!

WHERE else would you find chairs like this!
I mean check out how cute this eggy chair is.

It can close up to be like this... just in case you feel like taking a nap!
And believe it or not, when I took this picture, there was an actual kid inside moving around the egg chair around making baby sounds.

Anyway, I went back to looking for my Rubbish bin and the first thing I spotted was this.


A LITTLE BABY RUBBISH BIN!!!

All the cute things they have in Ikea, they should call it Babyland!

I considered getting the full set to put on my table in the office but then my mum's previous words came to mind and I decided not to.
Then... I spotted our very first real potential!

CHECK THIS OUT!!!

I mean... heck... this is the kind of bin, that REAL MEN USE.Just having one in your room would make your schlong grow an inch longer each day.

Samantha who was with me slapped me on the head
"WHAT A FUGLY BIN!!! ARE YOU FURNISHING YOUR OFFICE OR BUYING EQUIPMENT FOR MPPJ??!?!"

So fine, I let Samantha have her pick.

She spotted this and said
"WOOOOOO!!! SOO BEAUTIFUL!! SOO CUTEE!! WE HAVE GOT TO HAVE ONE OF THESE RUBBISH BINS!!!!"

I took a quick look at it.

Then shot back a glance at her and said
"My dear Samantha... that's not a rubbish bin, it's a lamp head".
She laughed at herself and the quest to find the perfect bin carried on!

Until we spotted this!


A PILE OF THE CHEAPEST BINS YOU WILL FIND IN IKEA... EACH ONLY 50 SEN*!!!

*By 50 sen, I mean about RM6.90.

I decided to buy ONE red and ONE black.

Samantha started looking around for a PINK one... which was when I decided it was time to go before she turned our office into the Powerpuff Girl's Hideout!

21 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

looks like ur office almost up and rising..looking very attractive atm..

lovey said...

erkk.. just 2 dustbin? enuff meh?

Innocent^^Guy said...

looking at that pic, i really thought it was a rubbish bin also...haha

*shame..

Unknown said...

aiyah...check if both BaZi ngam or not, if ngam then select nice-nice date and then get.....?

MikeM said...

i got one of those PINK color dustbin... :P

Nicholas said...

Hoi dustbin oso considered as furniture ah nowadays? and u need to go to IKEA to get something like that?! Just go any kedai runcit or RM2 shop sure can get the same thing. Maybe even a pink one for RM2. haih...

Horny Ang Moh said...

I think I better pay ur office a visit. I am sur it look very nice & proper. Have a nice day bossy!

aL said...

all the way to IKEA for 2 RM6.90 bins?

yao mou kau chor?!

Belle said...

lol!!! powerpuff girl's hideout!

ahlost said...

Hahahaha... Lamp head.... If you don't say, I would be thinking that it's rubbish bin too.. hahaha...

Jayelle said...

wahahahha. since she smacked your head, i was hoping that you wouldn't smack her head as well when she recommended that super girly 'dustbin'. hahaha!

Funny lah Samantha. i love pink things too!

Nicholas said...

Something going on between Samantha and boss ka? How come they always together redi now? *wink wink*

mae said...

I have the mini version of your tong sampah! Stationary cup holder for one bucks onlyz. Gahahah!

Praveen R. said...

OMG..I dont beleive that Samantha actually thot that lamp head was a rubbish bin...Funny la

TNS said...

boss, samantha is ur PA?

KY said...

it's mBpj ok! :D

Unknown said...

nicholas, we already know that long long time ago. bwahahhaha, boss dun wan admit. he 'big man' (direct trans. from canto), work must come 1st

:: Nicole.F :: said...

there are no pink ones at Ikea.. and don't drop the plastic bins coz it will break.. my aunty broke hers BUT then she went back and got another one for replacement *sweat*

CRIZ LAI said...

hmmm...just curious to find out why women like pink so much ar? I almost fainted when I went into my friend's room. It was like a Pinkyland. Curtains, bedsheet, carpet, mirror, chair, dustbin, pillow, bolsters, cushion, hundreds of pinkish toys,etc also pink. In fact, I thought I spotted some "triangle flags" in pink too. So kinky...haha :P

iamthewitch said...

Yes I think you can get similar dustbins at a cheaper price at hypermarts as well... :)

jesspoh said...

I got that exact bin here in Melbourne for AU$3.95 each... red and transparent white.