Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The House of Commons

When I was studying in London I used to watch the House of Commons debates that they often aired on TV.
It's basically a debate between the two main political parties there, the Labour and Conservative where they would question and defend one anothers' policies.

The leader of the opposition now is this guy named David Cameron and in this debate I'm about to show you guys, he's debating with the Prime Minister of Britain at that time: Tony Blair.

Both Tony Blair and David Cameron studied at Oxford University in their younger days.

Now I have to admit something... that I love watching these debates.

It's just amazing and it's not just because they all speak really well and with facts rather than just talk but look at the way they respond to one another.

Sure they bash each other but they both respond with class. Neither one of them were defensive or emotional when they were getting bashed.

I mean heck... with most other people... I would imagine if you were bashed in a debate especially with some personal attacks, sooner or later it'll get messy with someone throwing an F word at another but this doesn't seem to happen here at all.

Watch this one and you'll see what I mean.



I am truly impressed.

And when you're done with that, check out this dubbed spoof version.


I wanna be able to debate like that some day.