Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pondering About The Future

Sometimes I can't help but ponder about my future.

I ponder about the struggles I am going to face and the joys that I will have.

I ponder about where my career will take me. How much farther Nuffnang will grow and where it will be in 5 years.
I ponder about the money I will make and the money I will lose.

I ponder how the ups and downs of business will be for me, and how experiencing success or failure will change me.

I ponder about which friends of mine will leave during the hard times, and which will stay.

I ponder how my parents will age and how much time I have left with them.

I ponder how I will take care of them and love them as they grow old.

I ponder how my brothers and sister will grow up and who they will end up marrying.

I ponder who will be walking down the aisle to me one day and what her smile will be like.

I ponder how much I will love her and how much she will love me too.

I ponder how beautiful it would be to wake up next to her every day for the rest of my life.

I ponder how sad I will be when I see her cry, and how happy I would be when I see her laugh.

I ponder about the many places in the world that I would love to take her to.I ponder about being with her "For Richer or Poorer" and "In Sickness and In Health"

I ponder about what I would do if I ever lost her.

I ponder about the family we would have together and how our kids will be.

I ponder if I will be able to provide my family with the best of everything but yet something tells me that at the end of the day, all they will ask from me is my love.

I ponder if my children will love me as much as I will love them.

I ponder about the places that I will travel to for work and the time I will spend away from home.
I ponder if I will ever make a mark in my life.

I ponder if I will make a positive impact on another person's life.

I ponder about the regrets that I will have in my life and the mistakes I will make.

I ponder about the lessons I will learn.

I ponder about how I will miss the memories I had gained in the past...

But I look forward to the ones I will make in the future.

I can't wait to live life!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

Pinky: "Uh, I think so, Brain, but balancing a family and a career ... ooh, it's all too much for me."

XD

Terrence Cheang said...

dude, life is beautiful :)

Genova said...

boss. same case here.

Matchfingers said...

what's the meaning of life?

jennykoo said...

That's a lot of pondering. And applaud you, that nowhere there in between ponderings you end up drifting off the Pondering Path and into depression. I think that's what loses most people. :)

Aaron Lee said...

Life is to be enjoyed to the fullest, indeed we ponder about everything but its the pondering that keeps us going for in life!

If we know what will happen in the future i am sure it ain't interesting anymore :)

Hard times people leaving shows loyalty!

Shall meet u one day Tim!

Boss Stewie said...

eric: yeah that's really a tough one. i guess life is full of compromises.

chu king: yeah it is :)

genova: hehee great dude we're on the same boat.

match: haha when you find out, please let me know.

jennykoo: Hehehe yes i'm not going to depression. don't worry

aaron: Great dude... maybe we really will meet some day!

Unknown said...

You think too much.

hels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carynn Josue said...

you should ponder upon the next minute comes but not the next 5 years or 10. They are to be planned. Cheers

Super Gentleman said...

wahh boss, u reli got ponder so many things meh?? i only ponder all of these things after i finished pondering wad should i eat for my next meal... LoL...

Anonymous said...

a thoughtful post. :)

LeangFM said...

you ponder if you will make a positive impact on another person's life.

i guessed u did..
u made people believe it is achievable to get into top 25 Asia young entrepreneur <25 yo

man, thatz something..

Ching said...

It's really good to reflect once in a while, Boss!

julie said...

ponder no more:-)

Axiao said...

It's good to take a break from life once a while to look and relook the life that we are living before we lead astray. (not as in going to bad, but in terms of regretting things that might have(not)/could have(not)/should have(not) happened if we just look ahead before jumping in.

I also ponder ar....

ling ling said...

Boss,it goes the same here.my friends always say i been thinking too much about everything. Everything will turn out to be what it meant to be. Cheer up :)

immi said...

carpe diem!

Stella said...

you haven't wondered what you're having for dinner yet.. :)
You think too much, it will give you wrinkles and a headache.
Though, they are the very things I ponder about too!

Nicole said...

as people grow older, we crave what is deemed impossible more. True love, is something not everyone can experience, and certainly only a rare few has the luxury to ever encounter. Money, career will one day be seconds to love and family, when we have achieved what we want in life. Keep a light heart, things, in time, will come your way.

Unknown said...

I hope I don't become a raisin when I grow old!

Unknown said...

I hope I don't become a raisin when I grow old!

Panache said...

i beg to differ... having a 5 year plan or short term plan is good and provided those plans are put into actions.

we cant live by the min for the min.. it makes us dull and restless..

being ambitious (again putting effort to achieve) is the thin fine line that differentiates one who makes it big and one who falls a little short of making it big..

speaking thru experience. long live Xaverian and TB folk