I spent almost the whole weekend at home in bed just lying around and watching TV. It had been an eventful but tiring week all round.
Let me just recap the things that happened this week.
1) I heard that a business of some people I know of take a big hit because of something totally out of their control. The good thing though is that they have many businesses and they're still doing pretty well but this one loss sure hurt a little.
Reminded me on how business can suddenly take drastic turns for the worse sometimes.
2) Watched the Opera Winfrey show tonight and watched as she interviewed a few successful entrepreneurs ilike Gurbaksh Chahal and Tony Hsieh who just in their twenties acquired a networth of over USD 100M.
High flying achievers like this in America make you wonder what the hell you're doing with your life.
3) Got backstabbed by a friend this week that is trying to do something which would actually hurt me and the people important to me. There's just something about me that just attracts some really good friends but at the same time some really bad ones as well.
4) Learned that disappointment in people and in myself is the thing that emotionally affects me the most. I get very worked up when people I put a lot of faith in disappoint me. At the same time I get very affected too when I disappoint these same group of people because I did or didn't do something.
This week I disappointed one of these people and it took a pep-talk from Ming to make me realize what I had done wrong.
5) Went to the dentist this week to get a filling. About an hour later after I left the clinic I realized that the dentist made the filling too high so I couldn't close my jaws properly. I would chew on food but no matter how hard I bit down on my food there was still a gap in between my teeth because my new filling was standing out like a pillar.
Had to go back to the dentist the next day to get it adjusted.
6) Went for Heineken's "Night in Rome" on Saturday night but will blog about it later in the next few days. Was good fun.
Project 365: Day 69, 25th April 2009
7) A Happy Occasion this week was that Ming's birthday was on Saturday. He celebrated it in Singapore with some friends. Wasn't able to join him but I bought him a present some time back.
Being someone who loves gadgets a lot I bought him a Pulse Smart Pen.
It's pretty cool. It basically digitalizes whatever you write on a notebook so that whatever is written is transfered into a PDF file in your computer. It does a whole lot of other things too like it allows you to record whatever was being heard or said while you were writing a word.
So say you were writing notes in lecture right, if you tap on some of your notes it'll replay back what the lecturer was saying at the time you wrote that.
Here's a video of Ming showing some of its other funny features to some of the Nuffies in the Singapore office.
Happy Birthday Ming!
I've had a tough week with so many ups and downs. One thing I'm thankful for though is that I have a girlfriend who would get angry for me when I'm angry about something or cheer me up when I feel sad.
I'm going to go to bed now.... for tomorrow's the beginning of a whole new week.
Project 365: Day 70, 26th April 2009
The good thing though is that it's a 4-day week!!! Long Live Labour Day!