Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This blog will have nicer pictures now...

Hey before I start off right, I got a quick announcement. It turns out my BFM segment that I was referring to in the previous entry wasn't at 7PM today. Will update you guys when I know when it'll go on air. Sorry for the confusion.

----------------------
It all started when Judd, one of our Filipino Nuffies was down in KL. He was going on and on and on with me about this apparently really kickass camera called the LX-3. Saying how it's the most powerful compact camera ever made etc etc all at a time where I was beginning to feel like I could use a new camera.

So I went with him to a shop at Cineleisure and asked to take a look at one. They quoted me RM1,700 for it and they said it didn't come with an in-built flash. So that was a huge turnoff for me. I ended up not buying it in the end.

Then just last weekend my brother insisted on going to Low Yat to buy something. So I followed him there and decided to pop by a camera shop just to take a look at the LX-3 again. The salesman just needed 10 minutes with me and I was sold!

Turned out that the LX-3 does have an in-built flash and is the best compact ever made according to the salesman. I made a decision to buy it there and then and have been taking lots of pictures.

I'm totally useless at photography. All I know is point and shoot. This camera though knows how to do all the thinking for newbies like me. I got home and I immediately started taking pictures of everything around my room.

Here's a picture of my watch...


a picture of my mouse...

a picture of my thumb...

and as I was running out of things to take close-up pictures of, I ended up taking a picture of one of Princess' curlers.


After I felt as if I've taken pictures of everything in my room I decided to bring my camera out. Went for dinner with my brother, Princess and Elise and I took some pictures of the food at Duck King.

That's right... Timothy Tiah takes pictures of the food he eats. That's something I don't do so often but can you blame me when the pictures look so nice?

Here's a random picture of my tea cup.

And here's our sweet sour pork.

Our roast duck and siu yoke.


Nice huh.

Even the bowl of white rice looks nice!

I love my new camera!

I love how my pictures are so much nicer now and it didn't take any skill improvement on my side. Ahh the pleasures of technology.

33 comments:

KY said...

LX-3 is an awesome camera, photos are usually very good even in low light condition.

I was debating between LX-3 and the new Canon S90, think I'm going with the latter for its pocketability.

Boss Stewie said...

ky: ARGH!! if i only knew about the S90. Would've loved a more compact version

ShaolinTiger said...

I think you need to learn how to use it better haha, it's a truly awesome cam.

Ken Wooi said...

nice shots..
but i still prefer canon cameras =)

kenwooi.com

阿棗 陳 Zoe said...

I.. i dunno y !!!!!

I KEPP ON LAUGHING!!!!!!

wen reading this...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!

*especially de curler part...*

But LX-3 is damn good lar ~.~

but i juz bought FZ 35 worrr...

no money liaooooo T_T

ciao ciao

zoe

jocelyncoco said...

nice nice !!!:D~*

Summer said...

Waaaaaaaaaaa very good photos!

Tony Wan said...

Hmm... LX3 is good but I prefer canon G10 or G11, they're even better. Anyway so glad that this blog will hav better pic since this LOL

meiyi said...

wow... take more pictures!!
LX3 is good when it comes to close up shots - food pictures, flowers and all..

set back is we can't zoom much :(

Mich said...

its a great camera! cant believe the first salesperson told you there wasnt an in-built flash. =.=
try out 16:9!

Joshualaw said...

Lumix Camera is good, especially the Leica lens! I'm currently using Lumix DMC-FZ28.^^ Nice in taking close up pictures and the 18X zoom! ;)

Boss Stewie said...

shaolintiger: yeah i definitely need to. maybe u can give me a tutorial :)

kenwooi: yeah i love Canon too. Loved my Ixus

zoe: hahaha glad you found that funny. Was overexcited with my new camera

coco: hehe thank u... credit goes to my camera

gastro: thank u :) hehee

tony: yeah i think they're bigger right? already this lx-3 is a little too big for me. i like small cameras. easier to carry around

meiyi: aww... no matter... still a great camera heh

mng: yah! what was he thinking. maybe he was trying to con me into buying a flash

joshua: oooh nice!

Hazel said...

how much you bought for the camera coz i'm still struggling to get LX-3 or dslr camera

autumnmusic said...

rly beh tahan the thumb and the curler lor... *faint*

*drools over siu yoke*

im no good with cameras also, i tink my sisters make use of my digicam more and better than i do *malu*

Autumn said...

HEY,

i am eyeing on LX3 too right now.

the a shop named Photo Plus at Lot 10 quoted me RM1580 for LX3

Eve said...

yes boss. How much did you get ur lx3? I'm really interested to get one too... hmmm

tickledpinkpig said...

I have that camera too! It's totally awesome!Have fun with it!

CL said...

Haha! My first time leaving a comment here! I think I'm like Zoe, keep laughing! Not because the pics aren't good, but you sound so funny and I think we can really see that you're new with the whole macro thing..hahah! Keep working on it! Good job! :)

uLi.佑莉 said...

Congratulations :) New toy ...hehe!

Ang Zhihao said...

Try using a higher ISO setting when you're taking pics with such low lighting. They'll look even better! =)

Genova said...

what did the salesman said in 10 minutes ?

Judd said...

I told you it's worth it! :) Enjoy!

chaborkia said...

haro Tim! welcome to the club man! i am loving this gem myself. bf tried to persuade me to get the TZ7 instead which was cheaper but when we tested 'em side by side he also admitted defeat. this thing is THE king, hands down, no questions asked.

btw you still need to learn some fundamentals, coz it's not like ye good old compacts which does all the thinking for you. you need to figure some settings by yourself.

Aidi-Safuan said...

the background at picture of your watch.dats your bed?hoho~

iamthewitch said...

Hey Tim, join the club! Have been using this since February and loving every minute of it! And you know what? I realized the price didn't even drop even after so long! In fact I bought at an even cheaper price back then. *LOL*

michleong said...

Tim, how much did u get the LX3 at lowyat? I am planning to buy one. =)

JD said...

The LX-3 is quite a gem. And the pictures are good too. Well worth it.

Funky Dory said...

LX-3 is the brand new hottest thing that everybody has been talking about.

it is sort of like a digi cam but picture quality taken similar to the quality of dslr.

one thing abt LX-3 is that you can't change lense. so people who are very into the photography thingamajigga should get a dslr.

Simon Seow said...

Nice macro shot but I still love my Canon's Super Macro mode lol

elmie said...

oh noes! you've just given me another thing to lust over. hahaha! *slaps forehead*

wheyLu said...

LX-3 is a very good cam if you know how to use it...i didnt know how to use it..causing my krabi pictures to suck big time....but looking at a fren's pic who used the same cam was damn good...good buy!!

unnamed said...

hey hey timothy! it's been a long time..

LX3 is an awesome camera if you make the best use out of it. i cant, so i got a Panasonic FX520.

Autumn said...

can get it at low yat for 1500 if paying cash