So I was in London for much of last week. Loved being back in London. London's a city where there's just so much to do it'll take a lifetime to finish doing them all. All sorts of shops, markets, museums, musicals and restaurants.
Going to share some pictures here of the trip.
1) The famous Piccadilly Circus.
Probably one of the most famous spots in London.
Almost as famous as this pub.
When I used to study in London I always walked past Piccadilly Circus all the time and kinda took it for granted but back in London as a tourist after all these years, I look up and go... Wow!
Then I just had to take a picture of it.
2) Gotta love London for how some of the buildings looked at night.
I especially like how they light up Selfridges.
3) Even during the day the buildings look so nice.
4) Went to London and had my favourite Persian food restaurant in Bayswater. Think it's called Alounak or something. They basically serve rice with kebab.
Yum it was great!
It's also the kind of thing that you eat and feel extremely terrible after. Bloated and all.
5) My UK friend Julia and Dawn from Singapore joined us.
Julia if you remember is my Hong Kong friend who actually was born and grew up in England. When she speaks Cantonese, she sounds exactly like she's from Hong Kong but she also speaks English with a very very strong English accent.
She told me the first time she heard me speak to her she thought that the English I was speaking sounded funny. Then she came to Malaysia to visit me and she said "Oh no... over here I'm the one who's speaking funny!".
6) For one of the nights there, Ming gave us all a treat at a restaurant called Rhodes. Among the group were Niki, Jojo, Michael, Xiaxue and David who were there for the Project Alpha Season 2 Shoot. Thanks to Adidas Fragrance, P1 and MAS.
The food was expensive and it wasn't great.
Wouldn't recommend it to anyone and the joke is that everyone else I talk to about Rhodes today somehow share the same opinion. One thing I thought was cool though was how they gave the bill in the end in an envelope that said "The Damage".
Here's a picture of Michael and Jojo, the Director and host of Project Alpha.
7) Went to Borough Market too one of those days.
It's one of those markets where they sell a lot of food.
Ming wanted to go there to eat the Malaysian Curry they sold there.
While we were queuing up to buy it I saw a very tall guy standing at the side that looked really familiar. Then it dawned on me that it was Barney from "How I Met Your Mother". I was so excited! I wanted to take a picture with him but by the time I had finished buying my Malaysian Curry he walked away :(
See... model Malaysian or not me? Choose Malaysian Curry over a picture with Barney!
Loved the other stuff they had at the market though.
Like this little bakery stall.
Bought back lots of Gingerbread men for the Nuffies.
Wanted to buy a big block of cheese back but decided I would have trouble getting it past customs.
8) Went back to visit my Uni! (University College London).
Apparently the Malaysians at UCL right now are doing a great job with the Malaysian Society there, organizing a big Malaysian Night. I went to the UCL Shop and bought Princess a UCL t-shirt. Why? Because for the past year and a half she often went to sleep wearing a big "Stanford" t-shirt that some frat guy gave to her.
So HMPH! Now she shall go to sleep in a UCL t-shirt that her boyfriend gives her. *possessive*
9) Caught up with some of my UK friends too.
Had ice-cream with Adrian and Julia.
Adrian is from Hong Kong but he was my coursemate in UCL who is probably one of the reasons why I even graduated. After all his hours of patiently tutoring me.
He now works in the Bank of England. High flyer!
Julia works in an insurance company in London.
And she's single... but picky.
10) Being away for one week, Chinese food was a must at least once. So we all went to Chinatown after watching Wicked (the musical) one night for supper.
Look at the feast Ming ordered.
Jojo was hungry.
She didn't even bother taking off her hat.
Ahh gotta love London.
I'm going to miss it and it's really as great as it's hyped up to be if you ask me. You know, all the famous spots in London from Buckingham Palace, to Piccadilly Circus, to the musicals even to this famous pub.
I wanna go back again some time.
Happy Chinese New Year everyone!