Monday, December 18, 2006

The Land of Fresh Seafood!!!

Taking a break from the city of Taipei, I decided to travel out to a fisherman village somewhere along the coast of Taiwan.
Now apart from the nice scenery and the clean air... you can imagine that a fisherman village have the widest variety of fresh seafood.

I walked into this fishmarket that had tens of vendors all selling the same kind of seafood. The mission was to select the fresh seafood that you want to eat, buy it and then they'll have it cooked for you at a nearby restaurant.

That's seafood as fresh as it gets.

There were tons of live seafood there.
There were lobsters
Crab Some weird looking sea creatureShark Meat

Octopus

Kotek-like sea animals that apparently taste like abalone

Oh and one very very depressed looking sotong.

Look at its facial expression... it almost felt as if it was talking to me and saying

So out of pity, I decided to help the sotong.

One minute it was like that in the picture above.

And in another minute it was... on my lunch plate...

Same goes for the lobster, crab, octopus

and the mandarin speaking fish that called me a "FAT FUK" the minute he layed his eyes on me.

The bastard!

I went back to Taipei with a very very full stomach and a point made very clear that anyone (or anything) who calls me fat will end up on my dinner table sooner or later.



22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm first :O

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the short comment above. I wanted to make sure my comment was first :O

I'm still in shock. Can't think of anything else right now. I'm first :O

Boss Stewie said...

hahaha nicholas!! u are soo damn quick

Boss Stewie said...

william: one day you're going to end up on my dinner plate...

Anonymous said...

eh no chic ar this time????

mizzvickz said...

omg seafood ! i iz hungry.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't think you're "FAT". I mean, you couldn't be FAT. You don't look FAT. Why would you be FAT?? Those who call you FAT deserve the same like what you did to that fishy that called you "FAT". No? =)

Boss Stewie said...

yothemans: hahaha no not this blog entry unfortunately

victoria: aww... u should've had some of mine

lance: did i also mention that people sarcastic bout my 'fat' do end up on my dinner plate as well?

Anonymous said...

the wierd looking seafood thingy looks like deep fried bunny.

Seriously.

Boss Stewie said...

e-fei: HAHAHAHA... yeah i can see that !

J said...

Poor squid....
... but well, who asked it to be born so yummy?
:)

(How cruel God can be....)

Anonymous said...

The sotong saja one call you fat fuk because it's too misreable already, couldn't wait for you to telan.

Subliminal message included. ^_^v

Ianfluenza said...

Hey seriously, what's that kotek-like sea animal? Did you ask her what that thing really is? It looks like a misplaced German sausage which belongs to the Delicatissen section rather.. LOL!

Anonymous said...

man.....look so tempting

Anonymous said...

ian: i think its called 'jiong but phong' in cantonese

Anonymous said...

ian: i asked her... she told me... but i can't remember what it was now..

hongkiat: Lol

william: ahh

Anonymous said...

FAT!

Anonymous said...

1st time drop comment here...
but this time too farney!
errr...GEMOK

Anonymous said...

am i right boss?

Boss Stewie said...

anonymous: !!!!

bellevella: hahah what's gemok?

william: i have no idea william..

Anonymous said...

william leong:
Thanks for the explanation but I still have no idea what that is. LOL!

Anonymous said...

fatty fatty bom bom hey hey HOO!

i'd like to see you put me on ur dinner plate muahahahaahahaha :p