Thursday, January 17, 2008

Timmy on TV (Part 2)

This morning I was at Angkasapuri for a TV interview on the RTM 2 program Hello on Two hosted by Zamil and Annie.

I was pretty nervous being on National TV for the first time but after 5 minutes I kinda got used to it and well... I didn't say "nipples"... YAY!!!

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures in the studio... didn't know if I was allowed to and I don't have a video of the session yet but it looked something like this.
I'll probably try to get one next week and post it up here okay?

Anyway, both my parents were watching the show and after the show I spoke to each one of them.

My Dad... had nice things to say... he said he was proud.

Now my Dad has always been the kind of man who believed that his sons should ALWAYS do better than him

He always used to preach: "Whenever you come up with a new version.. it must be better than the old right?"

Unfortunately the "old version" set too high a standard that I'm not even 5% of the way there to being even on par with him.

So you can imagine how nice it was to hear from my father that he was proud... (well not as proud as when I made it to the Top 25 Young Entrepreneurs in Asia on Businessweek but still proud).
Then it came to my mum's turn to talk to me on the phone.

She said
"Son... everything went okay.. but I just have one thing I really just have to point out".

Thoughts were racing through my mind... uh oh uh oh... did I say NIPPLES without realizing it?

Or did I do something even more embarrassing like scratch my crotch or dig my nose while on National TV without realizing it?

My mum went on to say
"Son... you better do some exercise.. you really are getting really FAT!!!"

I blurted out in my defence
"WHAT?!?! MUM!!! I'M NOT FAT.. I'M JUST BIG BONED!!!"

Fat would be like Hasan!!!

Right? (Hahahah Hasan)

My mum refused to give it to me.

She said
"No Son.. you're getting VERY FAT... you're not there yet but soon you will be if you don't do something about it. Please go do some exercise... do you want to be a fit entrepreneur or a fat one".

My lips almost automatically defended myself
"BUT BUT... I PLAY BADMINTON!!!"
She said
"Badminton isn't enough.. you need to swim.. or go to the gym and burn off all that fat...".

AUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Somebody!!!

Please... PLEASE TELL MY MUM.... that.. that

I'M NOT FAT!!! I'M JUST BIG-BONED!!!!

And and.... that the camera adds 10 pounds!!!

45 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw u on tv this morning, u don't look fat la but a bit uncomfortable maybe its ur first time. yes i am proud of u too. lol.. btw you do look great. r u coming on air again next week? i will be tuning in. :D

Patchay said...

must wish u congrats lah
appear on national TV and wah Bizweek!!!

TNS said...

u fat kah??

Zephyr said...

ok ok u not fat, juz got quite amount of fat covering your so called big-boned XD, don't worry I'm also fat, so we fat 2gether!

Boss Stewie said...

mack: hahaha no ler.. i won't be coming on air again next week but i'm supposde to be on ntv 7 this sunday ... 8pm prime time news

patchay: thank u :p thank U

jason: yah!!! quite

zephyr: *SNIFF*

TheBeerCrusader said...

Er... camera adds 10 pounds ??

No la ... Aunty .. 100 pounds !!

Timmy weighs like feathers nia ..

HaHa ~~

Boss Stewie said...

genova: yah!!!! tell my mother

gila: aww what a compliment

mackerel: btw.. how come u watch that show? u must wake up early

Boss Stewie said...

cely: thank u!!!

Evelyncyl said...

You're not fat. Fat is like Kenny sia. Shh... Don't tell him~ ;)

Unknown said...

But you have skinny legs

caleidoskope said...

to quote Friends..... So how many cameras are actually on you?

sorry couldnt resist ;)

chee fei said...

can like totally understand how you feel man... haha..

Daphne L said...

you're not fat :P
you're big boned.
and big is beautiful, maaa :P

correck?
Tim Tiah, you is the rocks :P

Keep posting!

[fong88] said...

u r NORMAL SIZE lerr..
where got fat??juz nice enuf..^^

Michelle said...

hahhaha so funny..
a guy sulking over size and defending himself..

ok la.. u'r not fat.. seriously.. just big boned...

HAHHAHAHA...
big boned = extra secure feeling for girls??

Unknown said...

haha.. u don seem fat.. or maybe photos are deceiving...

pinkpau said...

stewie i think walking back and forth from pan mee 5 days a week will do the trick. skyler and i will just take your car ^____^

princessladyjane said...

aiya.. like i said before tim, u look much much better in reality than in camera... u really looked so much thinner in real life as well... ehhehee... cameras n tvs really add the 10 to 20 pounds on people...

;P

Amélie Kimura said...

haha see this is what too much yakult does to you :D

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hahah u shud tell her..fat entreprenuers are the trend..

KY said...

1 badminton session in a month is not gonna cut it laaa

Unknown said...

Auntie, Timothy is FAT!!! *runs*

Jun King (JK) said...

yes tim ur fat. i just forgot to mention it the last time i saw u.

Simon Seow said...

You can try the Kenko Plum used by Cheesie. Plan of ordering a box for myself this month end. You know lah, CNY coming, too much good food.

Danny said...

You are fat! :P

Aiyah, swimming ain't too hard. Get all the Nuffies to join you. Start a physical 'benefits' program for the company so everyone stays healthy.

But don't tell them it's really to support your personal exercising schedule. LOL! *grin*

meow said...

Congrats!!!
i've met u 2 months ago, i don't think u r fat lor! Hehe... u look FIT~~~

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

Hhahaha first of all.. why the heck nipples????

Secondly that is sooo cute!!! I'm big bone and the camera puts on 10 pounds!! AHAHAHAHA i was laughing like kiasu :P

Thirdly.. ok la go gym la... I'm not agreeing with your mom.. I am agreeing on the fact of being healthy..hehe

Porcupine said...

There there Timmy...
Mummy knows what's best for you...
Hahahahaha...

Belle said...

proud of u fattty!!! =DDD

JenKin Yat said...

umm..talk show usually in the morning right?

k0k s3n w4i said...

FAT MAN IN DENIAL.

Unknown said...

Ever tried jogging to work? XD

JacJac said...

boss... mana fat??

again....puleeeez la...

khairilhusni said...

oic, now i know u.

Cutie said...

You should tell your mom most of the successful businessman are a bit fat... Hehe... Look at Tony Fernandez for example. So don't worry too much. Fat is good!!!

Tim-Kimokeo Voon said...

one way to keep fit...

by gulping another barrel of

Haagen-Dazs ice cream...

Deo said...

Hi Timothy,
I beg you to assist. All of a sudden, all three nuffnang ad units went missing from my blog since 3pm yesterday. I logged a report to Technical Support at around 7pm same day (report no.:47908CC5) but no acknowldegement given or actions taken.

I reported again, with attachment of my blog and my blog's html where there are the nuffnang codes at around 10.45am today, but to no avail.

I even called in KL and Penang offices this morning but no answers.

FYI, I'm currently running an advert (to end today) for my leaderboard unit and there'll be an incoming advert (starting tomorrow) for my leaderboard unit.

I've even re-include nuffnang codes to my blog's html.

Please help

laydeylike said...

u r so funny in ur post. love reading especially the shopping wif a girl post 1..
well,u don knw me neither i knw u..ahaha!! but curious to see u on tv,so u better upload the video here cz i didnt get 2 catch u on tv..hehe!

Geek @ Kedai.TV said...

You are getting a wee-bit chubby from meeting too many people lah bro...

talk about that..and you seriously need to do something about yr support;

best Regards

Azrin @ Kedai -dot- everything

And you still owe me coffee....loads of it with interest.

PS: What say you abt my POV on Danged to Death?

McGarmott said...

Hmm ... do you watch the British sitcom Coupling?

Kiss my ass said...

AUNTY, ok tim is not fat..

please relay that to your mom.. haha

Unknown said...

run stewie... runnnnn... run like you've never run before... AND... NO MORE TUBS OF ICE CREAM FOR YOU!!! they're mine.. all mineeeeee

Accyee said...

not fat lah! me also! me also big boned only!!

hahahha!

Mel Zhang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel Zhang said...

well u don't look fat :) but maybe some exercise will be better lol.
at least it can keep u fit. ^_^
just a lil bit chubby compared to ur photo on top 25 entrepreneurs :p