Wednesday, April 16, 2008

*Zap*

The Doctors here have imposed a ban or more like a restriction of the amount of time I am allowed to spend in front of the computer until the treatment of my recurrent corneal erosion is complete so I won't have time to put in all the pictures I took in between my entries like I normally do for the next few days ok guys?

Now this morning at 8am I was at the hospital here in Singapore. I went through a slightly disturbing experience.

The doctor was doing a follow up and checking up on my eye to see if it's getting better when she noticed that some 'skin' from my cornea was coming off.

As in there was a flap of skin coming down because my cornea didn't heal too well from my previous erosion
. Guess what she did... she said it's totally fine and it'll just come off by itself and problem solved.

WRONG!!!!

SHE GOT A NURSE TO HOLD MY EYE OPEN, TOOK A PAIR OF SHARP METAL TWEEZERS AND REACHED INTO MY EYE TO PULL OUT THAT PIECE OF CORNEA THAT WAS FLAPPING.

AND THE WHOLE TIME I HAD TO LOOK THAT METAL TWEEZER IN THE EYE!


I shrieked in pain and said
"OWW DOCC!!! DID YOU PUT ANESTHETIC ?!?!"

And the Doc said
"Yes I did... ok put some more."

In the end, and after 3 days of seeing 3 different doctors here in Singapore, the final Doc gave me two choices of treatment:

1) One a contact lens bandage that might work or
2) Go for the laser surgery that will significantly hurt a lot more but have a higher probability of curing it.

I decided to go for the laser so tomorrow morning I'm going to the hospital for surgery. As a result of that I may not be in the best position to update my blog again tomorrow right after surgery but I'll do it asap anyway.

*Sigh*

The one thing I have to say is... Thank God that we have such a capable team at Nuffnang that can run the show for a week without me being around... otherwise we're so screwed!!!

Looks like I'm gonna be in Singapore for another week.

My dear readers, I will miss you all.. will be back soon.

I miss my lump too.

27 comments:

Zephyr said...

GOOD LUCK!!! cyclops Tim

immi said...

hey, this is probably the only time i'll say i'm happy if u dun update ur blog for awhile. :P

all the best with the surgery n get well soon! :)

i'll pray for ur speedy n smooth recovery tim.

Wen-Qi said...

your lump misses you too.

Silhouette said...

Get well soon!

Boon said...

all the best and good luck man!

remember tat word again,

OPTIC BLAST! ;)

pinkpau said...

lump wtf her new name is baby!! :D

MrChrispy said...

get well soon boss.

enjoy Singapore while you are at it =D

Michael Teoh said...

Speedy Recovery Timothy! We will keep your blog lively!

peggy said...

get well soon stewie!!!

Kimberly Low said...

WTF LUMP?

get well soon boss!

linsey said...

my lump, my lump my lump, my lump!
HAHAHA.

Amilyn said...

wow that sounds very very scary.. it's a good thing you're so optimistic =D wishing you all the best, get well soon.

Genova said...

boss. get well soon. come back stronger than ever.. HARRRRRRR

Sharon Q. said...

Wow! It sounds quite scary to be looking at the sharp tweezer, & d' tots of flapping cornea scare me too. I tot that's d' most precious item to our eyes.

Good luck to your surgery. Hope it gets better & no more such bad eye occurences on you. Take care!

Suet Li said...

poor boss =( get well soon! and eh what lump?! isit me *big wet eyes wtf

Kenny Choo said...

Get well soon!

Mysterious Witch said...

Worr... sounds bad.. but take care.. :)

Cheng Chun said...

Take care boss!!! Eat more carrots kua. :)

Unknown said...

eee..so geli lah.. the part abt the skin.. Do get well soon. eat more carrots.. eat more fish.. just eat more anything and watch less xxx stuff :)

Unknown said...

ouch again... take care and get well soon!

Bursa Daily Trade Statistics said...

Wish u luck! boss

JuLJuL said...

Get well soon dude~

Mayz said...

wish ya a speedy recovery, boss!

JenKin Yat said...

all the best boss..get well soon..

Simon Seow said...

Get well soon boss. Will miss you at the Zouk tonight.

renaye said...

oh my god. i feel u. it's horrible to see the tweezers poking your eye... i think i would need the dr to knock me out before she could do anything ...

renaye (http://renaye.nutang.com)

Anonymous said...

Get well soon!