Monday, September 28, 2009

TO ARTHUR!!!

Last Friday I went to watch the Black Eyed Peas at their Arthur's Day performance in Sunway Lagoon Surf Beach.

The Black Eyed Peas has gotta be one of my favourite groups of all time. You know they're good when you're asked to name one good song they have and you can't help but think of too many.

There are so many! Starting from "Where is the love" to "My Humps" to "Lets Get it Started" to "Shut up" and to more recently "I gotta feeling".

They're just great!

Guinness gave us great tickets at the Silver Zone where we had the most important thing of the night next to the performance: FREE FLOW GUINNESS.

(Check out my t-shirt with my music Domo-Kun. I thought it suited the atmosphere :) )

I don't know what it is with my crave for Guinness these days but I tell you it's not just me. Pierre was telling me the other day too that he's going through a bit of a Guinness craze himself lately. I think it's amazing how Guinness has evolved. From something I only knew my grandmother to drink to something that lots of people our generation love to drink these days.

I tried to take some pictures of the concert stage but ended up with shots like this.

Couldn't seem to get many good pictures because it's a little too dark and we were a little too far away but the music was great and I had a great night.

Oh and here's another thing I managed to pull off! *yay*
I got a video of them singing "Where is the love". This time, having learned from my David Tao experience I made sure I didn't sing along so I didn't DUB over Black Eyed Peas. It's great.



Watch it towards the end and at one point you'll see Desmond Kiu shouting
"WHERE IS MY LOVEEEEE???'

Thank you for the great tickets Guinness!

Oh and thank you for all the Guinness. It made us all happy. Look at how happy it made Kim in this photo (on the left).

It was a great night!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny. His way of releasing everything inside maybe. Cant help noticing u dont even sweat in a concert. Why ah ??

bryanlyt said...

hmmm how come didn't get to see u? i was at silver zone too 0.0

Ken Wooi said...

haha..seems very fun..
but i rarely go to such events.. =P

kenwooi.com

Joshualaw said...

BEP!!! Too bad I couldn't attend the concert...=(

~Elaine Tam~ said...

How I wish I could join......and wear the same Domo-Kun t-shirt like urs! wakakakaka!!

KY said...

Desmond Kiu is now officially my favorite person in the world!

TO ARTHUR!!!

Huai Bin said...

Yeah, I was hitching a ride to the venue from a coworker and she also mentioned how Guinness has turned into a drink from her father/grandpa's generation into something that's relevant today with a lot of the younger crowd ordering a pint of the black stuff at the pub.

Silver Zone FTW (and free flow Guinness). =D

Awesome night!

Daniel T said...

i love "i gotta feeling" and "boom boom pow" !!
late comer here.. but anyway..
To Arthur !!

Boss Stewie said...

anonymous: i was sweating all over! maybe not visible on the pictures but i was hot!

bryan: don't know. maybe because i didn't walk around to the rest of the silver zone much

kenwooi: why? u should! they're so much fun

joshua: why didn't u?

elaine: hehehe u should've come.. it would've been fun

ky: yes! to Desmond!

huai bin: yeah... TO ARTHUR!!!

daniel; yeah really great songs!

Kimberly Low said...

desmondkiu the fehmes blogger FTW

Chee Ching said...

Where you get that shirttt!! AHHHHHHHHH!

Jessying said...

feeling so good with nuffnang.. always be !!!

great event!! bep rocks !!!

thanks to nuffnamg n ky !!!

p/s: did princess's view kena block this time ? i totally understand how she feel, cos i kena that day... maybe next time bring chair/ladder to go out.

Boss Stewie said...

kim: yes! fehmes!

chingy: hehehehe got it from melbourne

jess: aww thank u :) her view didn't kena block cuz once again she had nice people that let her go in front :)

eyeris said...

OHAI! I iz in your third photo, looking cooler with my Ginniz than the three in front. LOL

uLi.佑莉 said...

I thought of going too but too tired after the charity drive on that day...so...nway, got to know more from your blog :)

Immaterial said...

where did u get your shirt from. i want.

~~haha~~ said...

BEP was awesome, but only get to watch them from far away. Damn! and no free flow guiness too!

vY said...

Awww.. To Arthur, so sad cant go.

But we get to celebrate it somewhere else!
http://voonyuan.blogspot.com/2009/08/mount-kinabalu.html

Anonymous said...

where did u get the domo-kun tshirt? super nice! wanna get for my bf

Anonymous said...

Where u got the T-shirt from?

Afra Yuri said...

i was there too! AWESOME! uyeh!