Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Look Ma New Jeans! Should I wash them?

I did a bit of Post-CNY shopping last weekend. Princess had her silly Japanese friend visit us over the weekend and we brought him around.

His name is Masato. I gotta say that Japanese tourists are the most fun to take around. They're so enthusiastic about everything you show them. Princess and I brought him for Klang Bak Kut Teh and he was so damn impressed.

Then again... it's Klang Bak Kut Teh... who wouldn't be impressed.

Anyway, towards the last few months of last year I started my jogging regime. Every morning I would wake up at 6AM just go to jog around KLCC Park before I come home, shower then go off to work.

Then just starting this year I went back to the gym to do a little bit of working out.
The result... my waistline had dropped from 34" to 31" and I suddenly needed new jeans.

So I found myself at The Curve last weekend with Princess and Masato and bought myself two new pairs of jeans from Levi's.

Tadaaaaaa.... check out my new jeans!

I like jeans.

I mean heck, it's just the best investment in clothing. I wear it for everything. I wear it when I go out on weekends and I even wear it to work every day since Nuffnang's office dress code is casual, then again so is just about the rest of the advertising industry. I remember once going for a digital advertising conference in Singapore. I wore a suit thinking that well.. it was a conference right?

Little did I realize that everyone there was just dressed in shirts and jeans. That's all! Jeans have somehow become the new work clothes, at least in my industry.

And it's the kind of thing where you can spill shit on it and you won't even have to feel bad because most of the time you can't even see it.
Here's the thing about jeans that I'm not sure about though.

I wash my jeans once every 3 days but I have some friends who say that you should never wash your jeans so often. Only once a week or even once a month. I have a friend who said she never once washed any of her jeans. That jeans is not for washing.

Another friend of mine told me that he didn't wash his jeans for 3 months and when he eventually did, the water he washed it with turned all black.

So what is true? You tell me. 


How often do you wash your jeans? Do the poll on my sidebar.

29 comments:

Mellissa said...

My Nudie jeans are not supposed to be washed for the first 6 months! :( :( Really cannot tahan, I'm so gonna throw it in the washing machine when I get back to Melbourne, eurgh.

kh diDi said...

i never wash my jeans unless it is really dirty (sweat and whatnot) to preserve the colour. If you really need to wash it, turn it inside out and give it a quick handwash.

I love levi's too! nice choice tim!

KY said...

dry wash. :X

KarenTanSuAnn said...

oh hi boss stewie! its me suann from curve. & no ur not supposed to wash ur jeans that often! i was mine min once a week. even after a month it still has that cleeean smell woo.

KarenTanSuAnn said...

*wash

Anonymous said...

Used to wear jeans alot, now not anymore *show legs more often LOL*. Uhhh used to wash it once in 3 months? Yea, the colour was black LOL

LeangFM said...

once in a week!
sometimes (rarely) will go up to 2 weeks!

this is IMHO of what a balanced between colour preservation and hygiene..

coz if i wear my jeans,at the end of week 2, i'll feel that it dirty and wash it already..
psychology effect i guess

Michelle Chin said...

I didn't wash my jeans for one year because they are Alexander McQueen. You don't wanna put your Guccis into the washing machine rightttt???

shy said...

after sweating alot
eeii... *wash la bro... the machine did it, not the hand.. use technology.. =p

Boss Stewie said...

wow... so whatever it is, it seems true that i'm washing my jeans way too often-

Boss Stewie said...

ktsa: hi suann. Nice meeting you! You're the second blogger Su Ann I know! The first being the charming PinkPau

ShaolinTiger said...

First wash of new Jeans should be dry clean not wet wash.

I usually wash my Jeans about every 2 weeks - if not they are gonna get screwed up.

AB said...

i never wash it up to 9 month just hang outside let it dry & let the air blow all around it. It's true can prevent germ and all stuff like that. I love to wear it as long as it be.

Louis Yap said...

i didn't wash my first pair of jeans for over a year x) eventually had to. when you wash it, it gets starchy a bit though, so it's not as comfy to wear until you wear it a coupla times

Unknown said...

Wa cannot wash jeans so often! Later the colour fade not nice liao =)

Vlioxo said...

Do not wear anything. Vote for no pants day.

?bummer!!

Ok. Just wash it when u feel that its dirty or dirty enough. Otherwise. Rule of thumb. Once a mth or if u have multiple jeans that u rotate. Once every 3months will do.

Vlioxo said...

Oh yeah . Whats ur Jeans size ?

Ur waist and inseam. ?

inseam = length. Usually the place that length from under ur balls to ur heels to measure the pants length, or ur legs length.

Simon Seow said...

I need a new jeans too. My old one got a old in the knee cap because I fell flat on the road two weeks ago outside Sunway Resorts -_- I only wash it after I wore it for 3 or 4 days straight.

Unknown said...

No option for once every half a year?

.:Baby Gin:. said...

once every 2-3 month for me or longer.. buyt the more ex the jeans the less u should wash it XS

.:Baby Gin:. said...

once every 2-3 month for me or longer.. buyt the more ex the jeans the less u should wash it XS

Cely said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cely said...

i dun wear jeans as much as u.

I think I did wash it every 6 mths like that. :)

JacJac said...

I think i know a person who've beaten you all...

Ive an aquaintance who didnt wash his jeans for over 2 years.....and the time he wash his jeans was cos his mom took it to wash it...so i guess if his mom did not take his jeans for a wash... ehm.. gonna last him longer


AND NO I DID NOT EVEN TRY TO SMELL HIS JEANS

Ps.. i wash my jeans everytime i wear it. Ok wat.. look abit washed out nia.. i likey that look lo

JacJac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KarenTanSuAnn said...

yeh, i know. Same sir name as well. Tan Su-Ann. :)

Barry said...

sorry mate, not a fan of levi's. and i never wash my jeans either. that way, they get a nice personal and unique fade (like whiskers around your crotch and honeycombs behind your knees).

Anonymous said...

I wash my jeans everyday!
It turned out okay.
Lol

Accyee said...

i used to wash everyday until my friend found out and literally went like this : =0 and then after that I only wash it if I think its dirty or after clubbing and stuff :)