Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mum Comes Down

I think I've kinda given up on my Project 365. I was trying to trace back any pictures I had taken in the past week but the truth is that I didn't have many. 

When you're stricken with Dengue the last thing that actually crosses your mind is
"Hey... let me take a picture of my bed where I spent most my day so I can remember this for the rest of my life".

So I missed out so many photos in the past week that I've decided to just abandon the project, at least just for namesake. One thing I liked about Project 365 is that it gave me a reason to take any random picture and just write about that picture rather than sometimes having to do a whole full length blog post. I'm going to keep doing that.

Anyway, speaking of photos... today against Doctor's orders, I went back to work for a while. Was just feeling bored staying at home for so long. Then for lunch, I celebrated my recovery with the rest of the Nuffies by going to Klang for BAK KUT TEH!

Ohh it was just so worth the long drive there! Look at my excitement upon eye contact with the pot of yummy Bak Kut Teh!

-------------------

My mum came down to KL today and she's staying for the weekend. She basically wanted to come down to take care of me for a while because she says I've been eating out so much lately that I should have some home cooked food. So she came down from Penang just to cook for me.

She went through all my kitchen supplies while I was at work and she was appalled!

"How can you not have a rice cooker?"...

"How could you still use these pots and pans? They're so damn old they're falling apart!"

I guess when you live alone at your place as a bachelor and the most cooking you do is some pasta here and there, you never feel how ill-equipped your kitchen is. Hey when I need to cook rice I use a pot. I kinda like manually cooked rice too because at the bottom of the rice you get these bits of rice that stick together and are a little chewy.

Those are just the best if you ask me. Princess doesn't agree though, she says I'm weird for liking something like that. So my mum decided to drag me out this afternoon to go shopping... for kitchen supplies.

You name it, everything from rice cookers, to knives to stainless steel bowls to wash things in or something, we bought. 

Way to stimulate the Malaysian economy.

Then my mum came back and she cooked some nice old home cooked dinner for us.

Throughout the whole dinner she was telling Princess how to cook this and that this herb is good for this and that. Princess was just listening on without realizing what my mum was probably trying to impart on to her. Mum was teaching Princess how to COOK for me and take care of me! Haha!

Don't laugh at Princess though. I see it in her... I see a very domesticated girl somewhere deep inside of that career woman. One day she'll grow into it. She'll hang up her mini-skirts and put on a bright yellow apron.

Right Princess? :)

24 comments:

fourfeetnine said...

me with an apron? you must be kidding!

unless it's a pink hello kitty one...

Boss Stewie said...

hehehe okok... pink hello kitty apron baby... we'll buy one

Ray said...

whoa...your mother is so good!
I wonder, after buying those kitchen things, are you going to use them all when your mom go back to penang?
since you like the chewy part of the rice when you manually cook it, I bet the rice cooker is gonna be ditched at a corner...
sad cooker...

Elaynne said...

Glad that you are well now :)
Wah... all the way to Klang to eat Bak kut teh...

So the KL Nuffies do eat as much as the Sg Nuffies? hohoho

- m i c h e l l e - said...

Wah can go for bak kut teh means confirm okay already! Yayness for you! :D

Cindy Khor said...

that's so nice of your mum to specially make a trip down to take care of you. hopefully you will be in full force in the next few days. i think aud look really pretty in the photo

Ken Wooi said...

hey get well soon ya!! =)

Sam said...

MAn...u make me miss my family...

Yup! Mommy's the best....*THUMBS UP*

Daddy second....LOL

~Elaine Tam~ said...

Hello Kitty Apron!! My niece having one~~ A very cute one...Even with the hello kitty glove...

If Aud want, i can borrow from her one... It sure looks good on you!! :p

yapthomas said...

Restaurant Teluk Pulai BKT!!!

sure we wanna see Aud do cooking!! :D

nicolesze said...

so sweet.. i bet in every gal's heart they wana cook for their loved ones dla.. =)

Boss Stewie said...

ray: ahhaahah the rice cooker IS at a corner now... still untouched..

elaynne: yes... if not more :)

michelle: haha thank you.. feeling much better now

cindy: hehe yes she does look very pretty

kenwooI; thanks man

sam: hahaha.... err err i wouldn't put Daddy second... they're equally great :)

elaine: hello kitty glove also? hjahahaha damn cute

yapthomas: hahaha u also know the bkt hor!

nico: hahaha yes i think princess wants to too

yapthomas said...

i always frequent to that shop lah.. but not anymore now.. found another BKT home.. :P

JD said...

finally succumb to temptation for BKT haha, glad you are getting better. still waiting for your add in xbox live.

Ji@ EiK said...

mummy always d best~!

Kitten-chan! said...

you don't have a rice cooker? Wow, I don't believe you have the patience to cook rice over the stove. xDD

kevinpnp said...

You're not the only person who like the burnt rice. :D Teach you a method of cooking rice without having it to stick on your pots (for easy washing).

Add some cooking oil as you're cooking the rice. The oil will float above the water. As the water evaporates and get soaked into the rice, the oil will slowly coat every grain and create a layer of coating to your pot. So, it won't stick to the pot. ;D

Jessying said...

i jus went bak kut teh for lunch this afternoon, the same shop!

i miss my mama!!! can i fall a bit sick. and get her to take care for me?

KY said...

Hahhaa Princess's nails aren't fit for housework

JenKin Yat said...

klang bkt ftw~!!!

get well soon boss~!!

Boss Stewie said...

yapthomas: what where? share please

jd: eh dude why not you add me. my xbox live nick is bossstewie

jia: yeah mummy is the best

kitten: hahaha it's worth it for the bottom sticky part.. definitely :)

kevin: ah yeah! my friend's mum taught me that before.. i tried it once and it was just so damn good.. forgot all about it until you brought it up again... thanks for reminding me

jess: ooohh... it was damn good right the bkt... damn good

ky: hahaha she'll have shorter nails soon

jenkin: thanks man

Pinky Tham said...

tim! hahah I want bkt too.. btw who is the guy next to you? new nuffies? intro la.. ahem ahem...

yuetmui said...

You sure look thinner now!

I have a hello kitty apron at home! RM 10 only, very cheap!

yapthomas said...

Called Qe Xiang BKT. :D
Very nice!! in my own tastebuds...