1. After 5 days of persistent fever I went to take a blood test yesterday morning.
2. The minute I asked for a dengue test, the nurse said "Ohh yes I can see the rashes on your hands. Sign of dengue.".
I looked down at my hands and went
"What? Wow... I didn't notice the rashes before".
I really didn't.
3. Nurse jabbed the needle in me and I felt a sharp excruciating pain for like 20 seconds when I finally thought it was over only to hear the nurse say "Oh... no wonder the blood is not coming out. You're gripping too tight".
4. She tried again and got the blood sample out successfully the second time round. Any more than that second time I was going to request she put me on general anesthetic!
5. Lay it bed all day yesterday feeling a little weak.
6. Test results came back close to 5pm. Tested negative for dengue but nurse said I had a "suspiciously low" platelet count which may indicate dengue although they can't seem to find the virus yet. Was told to go again the next morning for another blood test (Great!)
7. Had dinner at Princess' place. Her parents were really nice to not only cook some nice home cooked food for me but prepare all sorts of chinese remedies to bring my platelet count up.
8. Princess followed me home that night and stayed with me.
9. Covered myself with mosquito repellent to make sure my Dengue doesn't spread to anyone else apart from me. The smell of that repellent on my skin reminded me of my boy scout days. Just a torch light and a tent and I'm home free!
10. Woke up this morning, dropped Princess off at work and went to get my second blood test. Fever seems gone this morning but I never really had much of a high-fever in the past few days to begin with. Funny form of Dengue I have.
11. Now I'm at home about to take a nap. Waiting for my test results to come back in a few hours. It's most likely going to test positive for Dengue by now and I'm probably going to be hospitalized for the next few days.
Will update again when I can. So much to blog about actually. Oh well ... next time it is.