Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Movie Review: Ratatouille

I watched Ratatouille last week! Bwahahahah, 2 weeks before it came out!

Do you know how???
HAH!!! NOT PIRATED DVD OKAY!?!?

Last Thursday, Buena Vista was nice enough to invite me and a few Nuffnang bloggers to for a media screening of Ratatouille, the new Disney Pixar movie coming out on the 16th of August.
Now I'm not such a big fan of cartoons anymore for some reason. I used to.. but not anymore. I mean, when Shrek 3 came out, I wasn't exactly jumping around in joy and excitement. I felt that way for Transformers, or Die Hard 4.0... but not so much for cartoons.

And you can imagine the first time I heard of the movie Ratatouille.


I was like... "How do you even say that?"

But now I have said it so many times that I've grown used to it and I even kinda like the way it slips off my tongue. But okay! TO THE MOVIE REVIEW!!!

Let me just say... I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!

It reminded me a lot about my time in Paris simply because it was in Paris, the city that the movie claimed to be the food capital of the world!!! (That's of course.. until they discovered PENANG!!!!).


Now the main character in the movie, this one...
...is not named Ratatouille.

His name is Remy.


Remy starts off as a little house rat that desperately wants to be a chef.


Now last thing I want to do is spoil the fun for you guys... so I'm not going to go into much detail about the movie here.

Heck I'm not even going to tell you why the movie is named Ratatouille.


And I bet a few of you now are saying

"OH YEAH!!! WELL I'LL WIKIPEDIA IT TO FIND OUT!!!"

To those of you who do that...

I only have one thing to say


"WHY LAR!! WHY DO YOU WANT TO SPOIL ALL THE SURPRISES IN LIFE?! WHY? WHY?!??! TELL ME WHY?!!?"
Watch Ratatouille.

I loved it.
I'm sure you guys would too.

Let the trailer convince you!


Oh and uhmm.. I love the way the French speak English... SOOOOOOOOoooo what's the word for it.....??

11 comments:

chocolat-latte' said...

I cant wait to catch it!
SO CUTE la!

Boss Stewie said...

choc: yah it's damn cute!!!

electronicfly said...

oneeeeee! ha!

i couldn't go and collect the free tix nuffnang was giving out! *sob*

now have to use my own money edi..

Nicole said...

can i tag you for the entire entry as my review? :D

.c.h.e.r.r.y. said...

the movie was out in the states but i dint get to watch it when i was there!!!!
it's definitely a niceeeeeeee onee!cant wait to watch it!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i think its alr out wor in the pasar malam hehe..ok la take ur word for it..might catch it when it releases..

ShaolinTiger said...

I think you mean "je ne sais qua"?

McGarmott said...

Good thing you didn't pirate - definitely a cartoon worth seeing on the big screen. Especially the image of hundreds of ... you know ...

Actually, for a while the film was deemed a little unmarketable BECOZ of the title (and the fact that the rat might scare away some female audiences, no kidding) - but the filmmakers were smart, they taught the audience how to say the title during the trailers, and the problem went away.

Here's my review.

Seizhin said...

That's nice, I wonder if the movie's already out in Thailand but it does look interesting.... Except I'm not too interested if it's not the original voice.

Unknown said...

boss, cynthia emailed me about the tickets. where do i collect them? she din include the address for me to pick up from. hahaha, complain about ur 'teammate' to the boss.

Dc said...

oiii why review it i wanna watch de la, T_T donwan to read this post first until i see the movie :(