Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Way Job SItes Should Be

Believe it or not, I have always been a job site user, whether it was before when I was looking for a job... or even now at Nuffnang when we were looking for more people to expand our team in KL.
Any idiot can also see how the market for job sites has exploded with a million of them sprouting out everywhere on Taxi ads. Yet somehow they all always gave me the same feel.

They are all very generic: Typical professional looking websites that want you to give you the impression that they mean business from the day you stumble upon their website.

But why do things have to be so serious?

My outlook on life is this... for the things that you know are supposed to be serious and a little dull... take a more fun approach and when it comes to job sites, a new Malaysian job site: Allyhunt has taken a whole different approach to job seeking in Malaysia.

I first learned about Allyhunt when they approached us for a campaign.
The people behind it are not new to job hunting business. They've been in the industry for umpteen years having built a successful offline firm of their own.

After I was done begging them to advertise on Nuffnang blogs giving them my usual marketing pitch, I had a drink with the founders and they shared with me their idea for Allyhunt.

They didn't want to start another generic looking job site.

They wanted something different, something that took a more approachable stance and you can see that in the way their website is designed and the content it has.

Heck they even have regularly updated comics for its users.

And look at the way the website talks to me when I sign up.

Most websites would say
"Thank you for registering Mr. Tiah...."

But Allyhunt says
"AHOY THERE TIAH EWE TIAM!!!"

(Ewe Tiam is my other name in case you guys don't know)

Which almost prompted me to reply
"ARRRRRRR... FIND ME A JOB MATEY!!!"

Or in the case of Nuffnang...

"FIND ME ANOTHER INTERN MATEY!!!"

Since Suet Li just recently left Nuffnang to further her studies in the USA.
*Sniff*

Anyway, when you guys find the time, do check out Allyhunt.com and sign up.

It takes 2 minutes...

TWO MINUTES!!!

It takes MOST MEN LONGER THAN THAT JUST TO GET THEIR HAIR DONE THESE DAYS!!!

Oh and in case you're all wondering... I'm not being paid by them to write this. I'm just doing this because I think they're nice people.

www.allyhunt.com

10 comments:

Kiss my ass said...

1st!!!!

Kiss my ass said...

Now that i am first....

i apply can?

Nicholas said...

Boss, you got any internship positions in the field of computer networking ah? Like maintaining a local area network... routers and stuff.

Got ah? Preferably in penang or spore

Boss Stewie said...

shireen: lol apply for what?

nicholas: hey nicholas.. ermm no we're not looking for someone like that now... sorry ... we're just looking for more programmers and css designers :P

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

boss..i dont want intern..i want a full time job..u got or not..

Boss Stewie said...

joe: hahahaha how to afford you wor

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

boss..dont joke me lar hahah..anywayz im still very interested in a career change..meanwhile u hav fun in sydney lar..

Jackson said...

A dolphin that speaks Pirate? o_0

The site does have a refreshing look, wish we had something like that over here.. Would make my job searching a bit easier

Zhi Yuan said...

Aiseh .. i email-ed nuffnang through the main website to apply for intern 5 days ago like that but no reply! :(

Kiss my ass said...

errr apply for a job vacancy at the coolest working place in town la.. yoh!!