Friday, August 17, 2007

Singapore's National Day Parade

Ming has got to be the most patriotic Singaporean I have ever met.

Then again, most Singaporeans I have met are patriotic to the bone... something I truly admire.

After the Nuffnang Rush Hour Event in Singapore, Ming ushered me off to a hotel room at the Ritz Carlton that his friends had booked.


The SGD900 per night suite was booked just in case Ming couldn't get tickets to watch the much talked about National Day Parade in Singapore but Ming did get the tickets in the end and he put me together with some of his friends in the room to watch the parade from our window.
From the window, I could see a beautiful view of the city.

But most importantly I could see the STAGE of the National Day Parade!!!
Notice the red sea of people... just about everyone there at the parade was wearing a red shirt!

Heck there were even people in the next door hotel standing by their windows to watch the parade.

The parade started in the evening and I must say it was quite an experience.

There was the marching parade that was so impressive, it was obvious to any spectator that the army had been practising for months for this one event.
Then across the water were some artilleries for a gun salute.


Then came their jet fighters that flew over the hotel so fast I could barely get a good picture of it.

And of course, there was also Singapore's latest pride and joy... their new Apache helicopters something Ming tells me just not any country in the world can have.

Bah!!!

But Timothy Tiah is a simple man!

I don't need Apaches or F-22s to impress me.

All it took to impress me while I was at Singapore was...

THAT'S RIGHT!!!

AHAHAHAHA JUST AFTER I BLOGGED ABOUT THEIR TV ADS.... I FINALLY TRIED OUT THEIR DRINKS AND IT WAS FANTASTIC!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH

And to think I nearly forgot to try it.
Just while we were about to leave I stopped at a petrol station to get a drink.

I asked everyone in my car if they wanted a drink.

Then when it came to Firdauz's turn, I asked him what he wanted and he said
"Anything lah... eh wait.. why not you get me that anything drink!".

And so we had ANYTHING and WHATEVER to drink that day.

I LOVED IT!!!

While I liked Whatever more, I LOVED BOTH DRINKS!!!

Heck.. I posted the ad before on my blog and I'm gonna do it again!!!

WATCH THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!!

IT'S HILARIOUS!!!







Anyway, I'm in Singapore right now and I'm leaving for the airport soon for a week long holiday to..... (Shall reveal in my next blog entry).

Have a great weekend everyone!



9 comments:

Jason Lioh said...

Going Phuket?

To think that Ming actually booked a SGD900 room for you all to watch the parade, its just too much.

Nicole said...

i want my krispy kreme!!!!

come back in one piece

Donny Ang said...

Hrmmm... I wonder what was in the drink that you had? Cincau?

hafreze said...

900sgd per nite??..walaueh..so expensive one..so..supposedly nuffnang got richer rite?..haha..

iwan c.m.n. said...

Dah agak boss.. dah agak dahh..!

Boss, have watched both the adverts more than 1000 times kan? kan?

Danny said...

Wah! Go holiday paktor with who ar.. *grin*

Anyway, you should've shown how is the room man...for a blooming SGD900 per night. LOL!

Damn, it better be good.

Jason Lioh said...

You are going Australia with your family for 1 week. :P

Cely said...

OI, shiok leh watching from the HOtel suite there! But me also quite comfy sitting at home watching the tv.. haha :p

Happy holidays! you should really get rest after working so long

Hasbullah Pit said...

if F22, suddently tranform to starscreem(transformer) that might impress you.

anyway, what brand is petrol station is that?