1) Open your eyes at 9.30AM only to remember that it's Sunday morning and you should go back to sleep.
2) Wake up again at 10.30AM and nudge her to see if Princess is still asleep. She's still asleep. Stick your finger out of the comforter and agree that it is too warm and comfortable inside and too cold outside to make an effort to get out of bed. Go back to sleep.
3) Wake up once again at 11.30AM and notice her wide awake. Lie sideways with your head still on the pillow and look into her eyes while telling her how happy it makes you to wake up next to her in the morning.
4) Finally finish all the mushy mushy talk and get out of bed to wash up. Pretend to act surprised when you see the time is already 1.30PM. Blame it on Princess!
5) Go out for a late lunch. McDonalds drive-through. Nuggets for the Princess, Double Cheeseburger for yourself.
6) Watch "Doubt", Meryl Streep's latest movie starring alongside Philip Seymour Hoffman. Agree that never in our lives will we ever be able to act as well as they do.
7) Head out to Pavilion and stand in the humid car park waiting for Princess to find an ear ring she dropped at the side of her seat. Consider helping her look for it but whip out your camera phone to take a picture of her looking for it instead.
Project 365: Day 9, 22nd February 2009
8) Go grocery shopping and stock up enough toilet paper to wipe the asses of 30 elephants.
9) Keep groceries in the car then go shopping for books.
10) Notice really funny quotes on the book store's walls and let Princess take pictures of them.
11) Watch and laugh as she almost gets caught by the book store staff for taking pictures and attempts to act innocent when actually making herself look even more guilty.
12) Rush out of the book store and knock down a sign while at it. Struggle for 2 minutes to put it back in its original position.
13) Go for a sushi dinner because Princess likes Japanese food.
14) Show Princess the books you bought and watch her yawn at the boring stuff you read.
15) Show her the magazines you bought and watch her make fun of you again.
16) Smile at Princess while she happily decides to try something new from the menu.
17) Watch her grumpy face when the food comes and she regrets being adventurous.
18) Get into the car and start the drive to send her home for the night.
19) Teach her how to move her car seat higher to make herself look taller to outside motorists. Then watch her let out a cunning smile while she becomes ambitious and plans to put her car seat so high she looks much taller than me.
20) Watch her fail in doing so when she realizes the seat belt was holding her back.
21) Chat, giggle and laugh the whole trip back home.
22) Reach her home and take one last picture of her before she leaves the car.
23) Drive home alone. It's the end of a day out with Princess and the beginning of missing her again until you next see her.