Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dinner Party with Nuffnang Philippines

Last night which was my last night in Manila, the Nuffies from Nuffnang Philippines put together a great night out. We had a really nice dinner party at the beautiful home of one of our partners there: Jay.

The PH Nuffies did a really great job in setting everything up. Everything from the finger food, drinks, food and settings. About 30-40 of us were there and we all had name tags with fixed seating arrangements so everyone knew where to go.


And as a surprise, they even arranged for Heny Sison and some of her apprentices to cook for us that night.
Now Heny Sison is probably a new name to us but according to all the Filipinos I talked to there, she's a really really famous chef that does cook shows on TV.

Jay described her as the "Filipino Martha Stewart". Cooking for private functions like this is not something that she does at all. She just agreed to it because she was a family friend of Carlos our PH Nuffie.

She cooked some of the food but she even gave a bit of a cooking class to teach us how to make Pizza. So we all put on our Chef hats and aprons and tried to follow.

Man I never knew it was so much work just to make the dough.

This is how you do it.

First you put a mixture of some things yeast just like Jay here.

Then you put some flour in with the yeast in a mixer. Just like how I was doing here. See ? I helpful! :)

Then you're supposed to knead the dough.

And once the dough settles after 40 minutes or so it looks like this.

Then you're supposed to take bits of it and roll it until it becomes a flat pizza thing and you can put all your toppings on it to put it in the oven.

And voila... pizza is made.

Everyone was just having fun watching the others work.

Look at Ming laughing so loud! *evil laugh.

Thank you Chef Heny for the nice cooking lesson.

For the rest of the night we had our dinner, some dessert and a lot of great conversations.

Here are some pictures from the night.

Everyone crowding around listening to Eric (our other partner in Nuffnang Philippines) give an opening speech to the night.


The chefs then explaining what each food they made was all about.

Some of the Nuffies and Nuffnangers chat over dinner. All look like they're having some deep conversation.


Me and PH Nuffie Patty here.

Ming having a conversation with Nuffnanger Jane.

Pam and Joy. The bubbly wives of our partners :)

One of the desserts we had that night.

Picture with some of the Nuffies and Nuffnangers that night.

Judd camwhoring with my camera.

Hannah and me.

Hannah is a Filipino blogger who reads lots of Malaysian blogs. She said she's a big fan of Nuffnang even before Nuffnang came to the Philippines.

And I first knew of her when I blogged about coming to Manila once before and she left a comment welcoming me or something. I checked out her blog then because I didn't think then that I would have many people from the Philippines reading my blog. That was a long time ago.

Now we're all friends.

Jay and Ming having a good man to man talk.

The Buffet table with all the food.


Nuffie Maki here having dinner with Jehz!

Jehz if you remember was one of the finalists for Most Influential Blogger in the Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards. (Notice Ming in the background taking some pictures of the food with his "beast").

By the end of the night, this is how I looked. Red as a lobster all because of the man in the picture.

His name is Gerard. He was getting everyone to drink plenty all night long.

Thanks for coming everyone. And thanks to the Nuffies for putting the whole party together! I thought they did a great job.

Oh and thanks to Jay for letting us host it at his place.

I had so much fun. Just halfway throughout the night I told Ming "You know, these are one of the nights where I'm going to have a memory of forever". I will always remember that night.

What a way to end our trip to Manila.

10 comments:

- m i c h e l l e - said...

Gawd, that's like sooooo much fun! *envyyyy*

Simon Seow said...

Wow. Great dinner. Did I miss your singing post?

JD said...

Wah your partners have such a huge house!

Boss Stewie said...

michelle: yeah it was a lot of fun! such a great night

nikel: really ? where?

simon: yeah you did. see previous post hehe

jd: yeah quite a nice house too

Eudora said...

The house is really beautiful! And wah, u guys were making pizza too? nice! :D

Magnolia said...

Wow, does Jay lives in a mansion??!! Such a big dining room and kitchen!! *eyes big big*

Chee Ching said...

*Jaws drop at the house*

WOW!!!

electronicfly said...

You lost me at "Martha Stewart".


I LOVE MARTHA STEWART!!!

Why oh why Astro won't air her show.. :(

flaircandy said...

I should also buy LX3

Anonymous said...

It was nice to meet you Tim. You should have tried the pizza I made. :D