Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rockeoke Night in Manila

I just had a very very fun first night in Manila.

It started off with dinner with the PH Nuffies.

This is Eric and Jay. Our partners in Nuffnang Philippines!

And here's the Nuffnang Philippines Team.

Can't believe how it has grown. Used to have like.. just one person in Nuffnang Philippines when we started about one and a half years ago.

Dinner was great. Good company, good conversations and great laughs.

After dinner though we headed to this bar called Mag.Net for its famous Monday Rockeoke Nights. Now Rockeoke is where there's a live band and anyone who wants to request a song can go up and sing.
It doesn't matter if you're good or bad, the crowd's just really supportive either ways. The last time I was at Rockeoke I chickened out of singing in front of the crowd and I really regretted it.

This trip back in the Philippines I decided that I just HAD to do it. You only live once!

So I mustered the courage to go up to sing. At first I requested to sing Yellow by Cold Play but the band decided to sing it as one of their opening songs and they sang it so damn bloody well I changed my mind about singing that song. So I picked "How to Save a Life" by Fray.

The whole night was so much fun!

We were all singing along with the other people who went up on stage to sing. Cheered for them. Danced along with the music and had lots to drink. That was pretty obvious from the colour of my face. Red as Sebastian.


Here's a picture of Ming and I with the host that night.

He was really funny. Made all sorts of jokes to get the party going.

Okay I really thought long and hard before sharing this video of me singing with you guys but okay... I've decided to be sporting and share it (Yes don't worry, I will keep my day job).



Something tells me I'm going to regret this. Singing ain't exactly a talent I have but it was so much fun being up there on stage. Almost made me feel like I was in an actual band. Like real-life Band Hero. WOOHOO!!!

Thanks for the great night out Nuffies!

On to a full day of meetings today!

17 comments:

R said...

Okay boss, we need to do a Nuffies Night at Rainforest Bar and we sing like last time, ok?

Kevin Chan said...

THAT WAS JUST SO COOL! If only we had Rockeoke back over here in Malaysia or Singapore! HAHAHAH!

Good job with the singing! :P

Nicki said...

Awesome performance boss!!! =D Got 'feeling'! *thumbs up*

Boss Stewie said...

robb: haha yah but must remember the words.

kevin: yeah really cool huh.. wish we had one :)

nicki: hahaha thanks NIcki :)

JD said...

Maybe we can start a Rockeoke bar here in KL then! Haven't got the chance to see the video yet, will comment more later!

Genova said...

hehe. i agree. it was being on stage that makes it more fun.

Pinky Tham said...

ahh I miss Judd and Carlos!!!

FC said...

Wow! You uploaded it aedy **faints** Go open rockeoke... I think Malaysians will love it ^_^

Huai Bin said...

The video is awesome!

You know, I read in Time mag last month that My Way (Frank Sinatra) has caused the most murders in the Phillipines, so most karaoke places took it off the playlist.

Kimberly Low said...

wah must go karaoke with u!!

Boss Stewie said...

jd: hahah yeah we should start one! definitely

genova: yeah it was soo much fun

pinky: hehehe they miss u too

hannah; hahaha ok hannah, i shall think of that

huai bin: oh i didn't know that. how can frank sinatra's songs cause all this?

kimberly: hahaha yes yes must go some time.

Simon Seow said...

ah, the long awaited singing post.

Anonymous said...

Wow... Its look fun!

Eudora said...

Hey Tim! First time commenting on your blog. Looks like u guys had so much fun dat night! I've been to the Philippines many times but never went to the rockeoke before. Hope to go there on my next visit!

Great performance by the way! ;)

Dea said...

Hi Tim, I've had your (and your Princess') blog on my Google Reader for months now, but I'll de-lurk today because I just have to comment on this post. :D Congratulations! You looked like you were having tons of fun back there! And that was quite a performance, not bad at all!

Boss Stewie said...

simon: haha yes.. was it as bad as advertised?

薇子 : yeah it was totally fun :)

eudora: aww thank you for leaving ur first comment. You should make it a point to go the next visit. it's so much fun!

dea: well thank you for coming out of lurking after all this while :) thank you for the compliment. thought it was horrible but i'm glad some people didn't .. hehe..

Boss Stewie said...

simon: haha yes.. was it as bad as advertised?

薇子 : yeah it was totally fun :)

eudora: aww thank you for leaving ur first comment. You should make it a point to go the next visit. it's so much fun!

dea: well thank you for coming out of lurking after all this while :) thank you for the compliment. thought it was horrible but i'm glad some people didn't .. hehe..