Sunday, March 28, 2010

Do you believe in ghosts?

My sister is moving down to KL to work. As a result of that, I find myself having to move out of the room or actually the apartment I used to stay in and move into another one right across the hall from it.

This new apartment I'm living in how has been empty for years. I used to live in one of the rooms in this new apartment more than 3 years ago but ever since I moved out it has had only one other tenant who moved out a couple of years ago. As a result the apartment has been empty for two years.

The minute Princess walked into the new room with me she started feeling very depressed and sad and grumpy. I asked her what's wrong and she shared that there was something not right about the room. She didn't know how to explain it but she said something about it made her feel uneasy and depressed. She said she thought there might be a spirit living in here.

I calmed her down. I'm a God fearing person. I believe in God and while I believe that there are spirits among us sometimes, call me optimistic but I somehow believe that spirits don't want to harm us... short of us doing anything evil or something.

Princess then went on to tell me a story her parents had told her before. Her parents used to share a home with 2 other couples. The couple who lived in the master bedroom of the house used to fight a lot. One day they finally moved out of the room and the other couple moved in. The second couple then started having a lot of fights. So her parents always believed that there was something wrong with that room.

Well I hope it isn't the same for this room. It is after all a room I've once lived in for a while.

Princess and I decided to try it out for one night. Hope it all goes well.

Do you guys believe in ghosts or things like that?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do, saw one in Tropicana on Christmas eve morning. In my car's backseat through the rear-mirror.

But yes, being a God fearing person I did read out some mantra and had a second look it wasn't there anymore.

TianChad田七摄影 said...

All the best on staying there overnight =)
I believe in ghosts and I just wanna mett the good one, wahaha

Elaine said...

I believe in spirits but tend to ignore it so that it won't come to me. >< I once heard from my relatives that babies can feel these things. When you bring small kids to a new place, if the place is "clean" they will be happy but if they place is not, they will cry out of no reason. Well, this is only what people believe. If you and princess feel that it's ok then it will be fine. =)

Elsa said...

Hmm, feng shui problem?
I had similar experience with the room princess mentioned. 2 guys moved in, argued. The next year, couple moved in, they broke up after a few months of staying. I always thought it was feng shui problem though, didn't relate it to ghost. haha :P

Isley Chang~ said...

no offense, gals always hyper sensetive.

RealGunners said...

if u feel uncomfortable with the room, then optimistic or not, better find other place ba.. spirit or no spirit, if makes u unhappy, why stay there?

Matjoe said...

I believe in angel and demon. ghost? not sure

MaN|acZ said...

maybe you can an hour by hour tweet when u're in the new apartment. so that we know u're okay.

Unknown said...

Hi Tim,
Not God fearing, but rather God loving.

jun said...

well i do believe in their existence. i however like to call them spirit then ghost. coz ghost sounded more dark and morbid.

last time when i work, we have this cctv then one day when a couple of us in the staff room. suddenly a girl screamed while watching the surveillance tv. we played back the recording and we saw this yellow fluffy thing flew right above us while we chatting in the room a couple of minutes b4. it sort of lingering in the air b4 it speed off. :S

seon said...

spirit exist, but the not real...

do some house warming, then this will cheer up the room's chi...good luck.

LeangFM said...

if i'm not mistaken, i thought i saw one, during my primary school in butterworth..
but until now i can't be sure of it

not to say i don't believe in ghosts.
but i have doubts la, here n there, coz all stories heard also about other people.. and i prefer to maintain it this way..

but i believe in fengshui though.. when i stay in bworth hometown, i have trouble of sleeping well and often wakes up as early as 6 for no reasons...

but a fengshui lou come and change a little orientation here and there, problem solved
:D

AJ said...

I do...even i haven't seen one...But...

"omamee" said...

Yes! For sure!!! If it makes you feel uncomfortable, chances are... there's something there *x-files song playing in d background*

But yeah, a loud noisy housewarming party should do the trick... and make sure all d doors n windows r opened too, to let the sunshine and fresh air in. My 2-cent. Keep us posted on d development k. :-)

angelinecpho said...

do some prayer 1st before stay there hmm..sort like inform 'them' you'll be staying there so like hokkien ppl says 'chio tua' and say you stay your's and i stay mine don't disturb me can liao lo...mutual respect and manner is important for them too...not only us living one's...that is my comment la bcoz currently i'm staying outside too and used to faced this...but after we do some simple prayers now we ok d...

Boss Stewie said...

thanks for the responses guys.

it's been two nights.. so far no problems.. so whew :)

xes said...

ghost stories!! hehe

http://xes.cx/?cat=21

Carrie Tai said...

I believe there are spirits everywhere in this world. My fren bought a sub-sale house and found sth stranged. Then only found out two spirits living there by asking a master to do checking.