Friday, August 18, 2006

Don't "waste" the Malaysian

I'm down in Singapore again for business and if I have the time, to find a particular Singaporean reader of mine who conveniently decided to work for a Singaporean dotcom start-up when she could've been working for MY little startup
(you know who you are... and I'm coming for you... u naughty naughty girl!).

Anyway, after a long day of meetings and work that started right after I walked through Immigration,

my business partner decided to treat me to a nice dinner at Tanglin Club Singapore.

The food was okay... but all of you should know by now that I'm not the kind of blogger to write much about food so here!

Just one picture of the steak I had (which is getting quite comfortable in my belly right now).

After dinner, Ming convinced me to go meet some friends at Brewerkz in Clarke Quay.
Brewerkz is a pub in Clarke Quay that prides itself in making its own beer.


Somehow that night, my Singaporean friends decided to play a little game called
"Let's waste the Malaysian".

So rather than ordering a few jugs of beer like EVERYONE ELSE, they decided to order a "TOWER OF BEER".

Of course, I initially protested

"WAIT!!! WAIT!!! There are only 5 of us, and only 3 of us are drinking!!! And I'm staying for only an HOUR!!!"

Peter (one of the guys there) said
"No larr... can wan lar.. don't worry... a tower is not that much".

Not believing a word he said, I asked

"How much is a tower? 1 litre?"

Peter looked at me and said sarcastically
"Yes yes... about a litre... actually something like 3 and a half litres".

Still, I comforted myself with the thought that he was just joking.

But that little comfort didn't last long.

The "Tower of Beer" didn't take long to find its way on our table.

When I saw it... my balls dropped.


For the next one hour, Peter kept filling up my mug.And I kept returning the favour. So as you can imagine, the beer went down pretty quickly.
And by the end of the hour, it was finished.


Though Peter wanted to make sure that there wasn't a drop of beer left in the tower.

So what normal people do after they finish the tower of beer is... they go home.. or they order coke or something.

But NOoooo... Peter had to order another jug of beer.

I went home shortly after they forced me to down a final mug of beer.

I would be lying if I said that the alcohol didn't have any effect on me.

This was the last picture they took of me... while I was still sober.

The next time you have a Singaporean friend down in Malaysia... please take him out.... and get him wasted.. please.. do it for Stewie.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I shall avenge us Malaysians... How can anyone waste poor Boss Stewie?? It's too hard to imagine.

Or maybe not. =)

J said...

3 and a half litres of beer between 3 ppl within one hour?
Crazy!
*lol*
... You don't look very drunk though - you're not even dancing on the table or falling off your chair or doing anything remotely drunkard-like...

Anonymous said...

You don't look wasted in that picture... you normally go all red with a small glass of wine. You barely even look red there. Are you sure you weren't just filling up other people's and you just sat there pretending while the others were too drunk to notice???

Anonymous said...

avenge malaysians i shall! but i will remember to snap the drunk singaporean, unlike the blurkok ones who forgot to shame u. ahaha

Boss Stewie said...

lance: it's really not difficult to 'waste' stewie.. it doesn't take too much

j: nono.. but we were talking very loudly :P

bunny: yea bunny.. the picture was taken while "I was still sober"... u think i would think of taking a picture when I'm high?

suicidal: yes yes... avenge me!!

Daphne Maia said...

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha. =p

Boss Stewie said...

oh .. don't u laugh daphne!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, no wonder you didn't take a photo after you were drunk. I can just imagine a half naked malaysian running around singapore singing 80s love songs while looking as red as a tomato...

Good times.

AhPau said...

oh boss...y didn't u take a pic while u were drunk n post it up??!!
I'm sure many of your readers would love that..Hehe...

Boss Stewie said...

hasan: yes hasan... too bad u never drink with me..

ahpau: hahaha i pai seh lor

ynshng said...

wow. looks like i wasnt the only one who got wasted last night. and omg, a TOWER??!! crazy sgporeans haha!

Boss Stewie said...

yenshiong: yes yes... alcohol is bad for us ... being wasted isn't exactly somethign that we should be proud of :P

Gwendolynne said...

WOAH! That keg is so cool man. I want one just for keepsakes in my room keke ... and fill it up with Coke.

Anonymous said...

i'll see if i can knick u one the next time i go gwenneh

Anonymous said...

Dear Tim, too much is no good! It is bad for your liver! Everythings in moderate,
you still have a long... way! not all good things are right!

Take very good care of yourself!

speak like a mama, right!

Boss Stewie said...

hahahah thanks anonymous

Dawn said...

CHAM! i doubt i even drink water in that amount everyday!

pinolobu said...

3.5 litres is like what, around 9 x 385ml beer
cans? That's not too many, still ok :-)

even if they asked you to drink most of it,
say 6 cans, a bit on the high side, but still
ok...

if you drank a case (24 cans of beer) in one
hour, THEN it's definitely too much.