Wednesday, August 05, 2009

What Love Is

I'm sick again today!

I normally get sick like once in a year but somehow this year is really taking the cake for me. I've been getting sick so many times I'm beginning to lose count. Right now I'm down with a fever and flu. Yes Yes I know what you're all thinking but the Doctor today said he doesn't think it's H1N1... at least unless it doesn't get better in the next few days.

The thing about being sick is that you're forced to stay at home and rest. For me it's like putting the brakes on my usual work life and I start thinking less about business and more about my personal life. This afternoon I asked myself the question of where my personal life was going.

Sure I'm blessed with the presence of some really good friends in my life so no real complain there. I don't necessarily live the life that I used to love anymore. Much less clubbing every weekend, much less going out to bars and a lot more staying at home and watching TV with Princess.

Then I really started thinking about Princess and the relationship we have now.

Love is a really funny thing. While I've had many girlfriends before in the past, I think for the first time in my life I think I have finally began to understand what love is. 

Love is when you feel for someone truly for all the good things and all that bad things that come with that someone. Love is not physical, lust is. So while I appreciate how pretty Princess is, 

beauty alone isn't enough to keep us together for a long time. What keeps us together is how she makes me laugh every day, how she doesn't mind doing stupid things

how she can make me feel better every time I share a problem with her, how she knows to be strong when I am weak and how I get this little fuzzy feeling when she rubs her head against my shoulder.

Sometimes Princess gets a little jealous when I hang out or talk about a pretty girl but I gently remind her that she's missing the point. There will always be pretty girls around just like there are lots of guys who are far better looking than me out there. But what she gives me is something I think no other girl can give me.
And that is the feeling that makes me all complete. 

I think that many girls out there will find the same thing in a guy. It doesn't matter so much if you're pretty or not. So if you think your bf really loves you like I do to Princess, then there is no need to feel insecure or jealous. 

While I really appreciate her efforts in always making herself look good (you know, the make-up, the hair curlers), Princess will lose her beauty some day sooner or later. But unless the person who she is changes, I don't think I will ever stop being as into her as I am now. Don't tell her that though. Every day we both call each other fat and threaten to break up with each other if we put on more weight (just to keep each other on our toes) but deep inside we know that no matter how many KGs we each put on, we'll still be together.

Princess and I have only been together for slightly less than a year but for the first time in my life, I think I'm settled. Of course time will only tell where it'll go from here. But right now... my life feels complete.  

So I'm happy with my personal life now. Could I please get well and go back to work?

36 comments:

pinkpaperplane said...

Haha good way to lighten up the mushiness. "So I'm happy with my personal life now. Could I please get well and go back to work?" *roll eyes You two do seem very content with each other and complete.

dreckker said...

well said...

dreckker said...

but I think you might wanna re-phrase or delete this sentence:

"Princess will lose her beauty some day sooner or later."

or add something like:
"she'll always be pretty in my eyes forever and ever and ever lalala..."

aLaMFaNa said...

Ouhhhh, its really sweet...:)
*its my first time dropping my comment here*

Rina said...

Love sweet love ^^

Hayley said...

awww ur blog is always filled with love posts... ;)

viruses are everywhere.. so take good care of yourself! drink plenty of H2O..

get well soon!

Jwxwei said...

really really touching ^_^

Crystal Hew said...

reading your story with princess in it seems like fairy tale come true..you will know when you find the right one...

Jessying said...

awwwww... so sweet !!!!

u are finally settled , so when can start the production of little timothy??

TianChad田七摄影 said...

I am waiting for the Red Bomb :)

Accyee said...

Jessying said...
awwwww... so sweet !!!!

u are finally settled , so when can start the production of little timothy??
<--- LOL!!!!!!!!!!! so sweet :)

blurblurpiggy said...

awh. good post =)
all nuffnangers have to be invited to wedding! haha

anhanafiah said...

I concur to this post as I am feeling what you're feeling too even though my partner and I have been with each other for almost 4 years now. My heart still beats faster when he walks out looking so dashing; I still get goosebumps when he holds me tight; I still feel the strong fuzzy feeling when I rest my head on his shoulder. All these feelings are surreal yet it feels so right.

I hope your partner and you will be together for as long as possible :)

Pinky Tham said...

omg so sweet. ok remember to send me wedding invitation next time. I will try to give big big ang pow :P

- m i c h e l l e - said...

Awww, this post is just so sweet and meaningful!

And I hope you get well soon Boss Stewie! Take care! :)

celina said...

good one!! hehe.. when is the proposal?? =P *winks*

KY said...

is love enough to make you want to stay at pink room in Bangkok!?

goingkookies said...

OMG! sounds so utterly romantic.

u re making lots of bfs out there look seriously bad.. haha..

hmmm.. should bookmark ur blog on my bf's laptop.. so, he can get some romantic ideas. especially on how to propose..

wahahha.. ROFL..

ms.bulat said...

T_T (sorry loss for words just emotions)

SaeWei said...

If only my hubby could write me something this sweet too.. *_*

Ken Wooi said...

sweet one! it takes time to get the right one.. i wonder why so many teenagers feel so sad when they break up.. the good ones has yet to come.. being older means getting into a more matured and serious relationship.. all the best to you boss! take care and get well soon!

come drop by my blog since you're at home and free now! =P

kenwooi.com

Cindy Khor said...

oh dear, do take good care of yourself. this year is quite a bad year for us all (well, maybe not completely bad), and we sure need to toughen up to face other challenges...

congrats on your award and i'm sure you'll be a more successful man for years to come

~Elaine Tam~ said...

awwwwwwww..it's really sweet...really...

I hope you and Princess can stay happily ever after *like fairy tale pulak* heheheh~

Get Well Soon!!

Donna said...

get well soon.. =)

Awwwww... so sweet la this post!
and when u wanna settle down for REAL?!
A proposal perhaps.. ho ho ho ho.. =p

both princess and u are really lucky to have each other.

Melanie said...

did I hear the wedding bells ringing? :p

JD said...

I couldn't agree more. Best wishes boss stewie and get well soon!

meiyi said...

Get well soon.
At least you are thinking positive/reflecting the good side of your life when you get sick.
It's a good sign.

messi said...

tim,

you are settled, but ffn not yet, get her settled!! tang tang tang tang......

What a wonderful life.....

Good luck in ur proposal!

Vy said...

No, thou shall not go back to work until well and healthy. =D

§oŁЇtǺ®ÿ ®o§ě said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

Am truly touched by your post. But I don't think God works that way. You are happy with your personal life don't mean you get to heal and work. so rest up! :D

chaborkia said...

girls like to act insecure / jealous for just the sake of it, coz they want their bf to manja repeatedly even when they already know clearly where their guy's heart is. kakakaka. female species - seriously cannot be underestimated.

get well soon Tim!

yinkoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yinkoon said...

=) well written...

but yeah, it means a lot to be able
to be yourselves with the one you love.

get well soon, looking forward for more from the nuffnang. =)

ch3rrylov3ly said...

Hi there, you sound very much like my bf but the different is he is not mine alone...Wonder who can tell me when he will be mine?

Get well soon...

R said...

this post is so estrogen filled!!!

it's so cold!! lol

a1l1n said...

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet~~~~~~~