My aunty recently sent me a forwarded e-mail which featured a memo from a company's HR to its employees.
I thought that the ideas in that e-mail were brilliant and I knew my little dotcom just had to incorporate these policies!
So I made some minor changes and sent it out to all my team members in my little dotcom.
Here is the version I sent out.
To all Employees:
Effective 1st October 2006
1. It is advised that you come to work dressed according to your salary. If
we see you wearing Prada shoes and carrying a Gucci bag, we assume you are
doing well financially and therefore do not need a pay raise.
2. If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money better, so
that you may buy nicer clothes, and therefore you do not need a pay raise.
3. If you dress just right, you are right where you need to be and
therefore you do not need a pay raise.
We will no longer accept a doctor's certificate as proof of sickness.
If you are able to go to the doctor, you are able to come to work.
Each employee will receive 104 personal days a year in which you won't ever have to do any company related work. They are called Saturdays and Sundays.
This is no excuse for missing work. There is nothing you can do for dead
friends, relatives or co-workers. Every effort should be made to have
non-employees attend to the arrangements.
In rare cases where employee involvement is necessary, the funeral should
be scheduled in the late afternoon. We will be glad to allow you to work
through your lunch hour and subsequently leave one hour early.
1. Entirely too much time is being spent in the toilet. There is now a
strict three-minute time limit in the cubicles.
2. At the end of three minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll
will retract, the cubicle door will open, and your picture will be taken.
3. After your second offence, your picture will be posted on the company
notice board under the "Chronic Offenders" category.
4. Anyone caught smiling in the picture will be sanctioned under the
company's mental health policy.
1. Skinny people get 30 minutes for lunch, as they need to eat more so that
they can look healthy.
2. Normal size people get 15 minutes for lunch to get a balanced meal to
maintain their average figure.
3. Chubby people get 5 minutes for lunch, because that's all the time
needed to drink a Slim-Fast.
Thank you for your loyalty to our company. Remember we are an employer of
choice and we are here to provide a positive employment experience.
Therefore, all questions, comments, concerns, complaints, frustrations,
irritations, aggravations, insinuations, allegations, accusations,
contemplations, consternation and input should be directed elsewhere.
PS: Okay okay, the truth is... I really did send it to all my colleagues at work including my partner: Ming.
But I clearly stated to them that it was a joke... and that we're not bastards :P