Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Best Thing a Hotel Could Have

Okay so I'm in Shanghai today. After a 5 hour flight, I finally got in this afternoon and found my way into the city using the Maglev, apparently the fastest train in the world that travels all the way up to 422km/h.That's insane!

And to be honest I really wonder whether it's really necessary or not. The whole train ride took like 5 minutes to get us into the city but if it were a normal train then heck, maybe it would just have taken double the time.. like 10 minutes instead of 5. Is that such a bad thing?

But I guess there's the bragging rights of having the fastest train in the world.

A quick taxi ride later Ming and I finally got to our hotel, the Westin Shanghai and checked in.


This is Ming checking in.

And while waiting for him to get us checked in I walked around the lobby of the hotel and took these pictures.

Pretty nice huh.

Such a busy busy hotel full of business people.
Very quickly after we got our key cards, we made our way up to our room. The thing I love about traveling is the hotel rooms. I mean I can save on everything else on a trip, eat cheaper food, fly budget airlines but the one thing I really do appreciate is a good hotel.

There's nothing better than a great place to go back to sleep after a long day of work.

The Westin has one of the softest coziest beds.

and a huge bathroom

with a bathtub next to a window and a city view.

Too bad I probably won't get to use it since I'm going to be out most of the time.

This is what I'll probably be using most if not all the time.

A typical shower.

This is also the first time I've actually seen a hotel room have a special cubicle for its toilet so that when anyone ever has to take a shit, the entire toilet doesn't stink up and you can still go in and brush your teeth or something without smelling all the love.

Anyway apart from the usual cool stationery drawers that the hotel room provided, there is something that I really fell in love with and was the one thing that made me confirm that I will from now on stay in the Westin every time I come to Shanghai.

The bed.... had more than just pillows.

IT CAME WITH A BOLSTER!
I LOVE BOLSTERS!!!! AND WHAT A GOOD WAY TO HELP FILL THE EMPTINESS I FEEL NOW FROM THE BOLSTER I HAD TO LEAVE BEHIND BACK IN KL!!!

I feel almost just as home here now.

Okay everyone, gotta go to bed now. Got a long day of work tomorrow.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

12 comments:

Suet Li said...

i like your hair! mmm wtf

Boss Stewie said...

haha suet.. thank you

KY said...

please make sure there's no yellow stain in the middle of the bolster!

Dc said...

boss the bolster maybe ppl use to dry hump hahahaha, and drool and ...eeewww

electronicfly said...

eh, didnt bring your Buh Buh ah?

chocolat-latte' said...

i didnt like the westin bed at all despite their signature bed! I purposely stayed in westin for it.. and i woke up with a reaaaaally bad backache and my friend agreed. he didn't like it either..

i think the best bed is le meridien. lol.

ahlost said...

Wow.. This hotel is really nice. How much per night ah?

PiNöLãm said...

those hotel like westin or shangrila mostly use mattress from simmons. which cost like average 15k for just a king size mattress.

Jayelle said...

do i smell a nuffnang.cn sniff sniff

(or whatever alphabets chinese websites end with)

RealGunners said...

i somehow have a hunch that we'll be seeing cn.nuffnang.com soon...

cheesie said...

OMG WTF A BOLSTERRRRR!!!!!

i must tell oli this.

ling ling said...

Boss, what are u trying to do with the bolster? like you are kissing it forcibly la..haha..have fun at shanghai