Friday, June 22, 2007

Things that Disturb Me

Sometimes when I'm around, I see some rather disturbing things.

Example number 1.

There was once I was driving home from work when I happened to stop at the traffic light. Just to the pavement on my right was a little kitten. I wasn't sure if it was dead or asleep... but either ways, I'm sure I wouldn't see it there again the next day.

I mean, if it was asleep then it would wake up and go somewhere else.

If it was dead then the MPPP (Majilis Perbandaran Pulau Pinang) will come sweep it away.

Well.. I was wrong.

One week later... at the very same spot.... it became this.
Then I went to KL for a few weeks and well..

One month later... it was still there..

Only that it went from this

To this
Now I'm not sure whose job it is to sweep the roads but... I was so close to getting down from my car and sweeping the poor kitten up and giving it a proper burial when the light turned green and the cars behind started honking.

Then at another time.. I was at Queensbay Mall.
Queensbay Mall is a fantastic mall in Penang.

I love it... our very own 1-Utama up north.

But while walking through the stairs down from the car park, I happened to see this.

To the Ah Beng who is responsible for this piece of "art".

Well done... well done... I can't think of anything else more original to draw.

Shame on you!

15 comments:

KY said...

bla, whoever drew that has no balls.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :/

Unknown said...

One Word: Yuck

electronicfly said...

looks like cave art. Ugly cave art.

Poor kitty

Boss Stewie said...

ky: yah!!! vandals!

skyler: lol skyler

her feiness: hahaha yes yes.. cave art

Observer said...

Walau yeh... u took the picture since last month.....

k u k u j i o a m a n said...

So ugly!!! I draw better!! Oppsss...

Nicholas said...

eh no one claim first. I wan claim! FIRST!

Boss I'm a penangite also. Scenes like that(unswept kitten/trash) are common in Penang wat. I've seen stuff like that both on mainland and on the island.

Casey and Peanut said...

Incidents like the cat being left on the road side and the authorities not doing anything about it and also the creative graffiti so well timed for Visit Malaysia Year 2007 ....

You are doing the best thing by publishing it on your blog .... the best and most effective thing to do is to create awareness and exposing it "tactfully" tru our blogs! Maybe this could be a good community project for Malaysian Blogger! Thats just my 2 cents and humble opinion.

Cheers & Have a good weekend

Infectioner said...

so is the cat still there now? o.O

voch said...

OMG..kesian the kitten! Must complain MPPP no do work liao..

mho said...

Wow! A work of art! Wonder where's the artist's exhibition hall is? Hahaha...

Kiss my ass said...

U sure u didnt draw it and then took a picture of it???

I Am Kapster said...

i saw the kitten corpse too. it was at kelawai/gurney junction right?btw, i still think it's there

miChi3 said...

haiz..
what I can say is,
welcome to Malaysia..
pity that kitten..=/

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hey dude..remember to add me on msn..email add in ur previous post comments..cheers

and very artistic pussy pictures u hav there..incl the last one..