Saturday, October 20, 2007

What A Great Time To Be A Blogger

About a week ago I was feeling a little crap.

My camera current camera is getting a bit old... a Panasonic FX-7 is what I use and I've been on it for the past 2-3 years.

I really wanted to buy myself a new camera, something I needed since I post quite a number of pictures on my blog for you guys to see right?


So I went shopping, but as usual, everything nice is expensive and given all the money that I've been spending lately, I decided to resist the urge to spend more and hold back on it.

Just then an old friend who works at Panasonic now gave me a call.

She told me that she wanted me to use a Panasonic camera and nothing else!
So I agreed to talk about it and yesterday dropped by their office.There they sat me down and told me that they would like to sponsor cameras for me to use as long as I tell everyone on my blog that I use Panasonic.

I thought about it and said

"Hey.. I'm sure my readers won't mind, since they'll have nicer pictures to look at (you guys don't mind right?)
"

Coupled with the fact that I already AM a Panasonic camera owner, I really liked the idea of sticking to Panasonic.


So I said okay.


Then Patricia, who is the girl on the left said to me
"Timothy... You will never have to spend a single cent on cameras ever again in your life. Here's what we'll do... we'll lend you a camera to use for 3-6 months, after that you return that camera to us and we give you a NEW model to use. So you will always be using the latest models, for FREE!"

I tried to hide my delight and sound unimpressed.. so I said..
"Ohh... ok".

When deep inside I was jumping in joy and screaming

"A NEW CAMERA EVERY 3-6 MONTHS?!?!?! HOLY #*(%&&(*#$%(&*#$*#*. And all I had to do was tell people that I use Panasonic? But that sounds fine by me!"


So the first "toy" they let me take back was one of their newest Camcorders.
(The next one is going to actually be a digital camera to replace my old one.. bwahahaha)


I left Panasonic's office... a happy man!

Almost as if I had just gone shopping.


I went home, opened up the box the camera was in, threw away the instructions (I never read instructions.. though I often regret not doing so). Now I've never ever used a camcorder before let alone own one.

My only recollection of a camcorder is one of those huge big ugly things that my dad used to own. Not these new small compact ones that you carry with one hand!


So I'm not really sure what I should be filming. This is where I need some suggestions. What would you guys like to see me film?

Nothing scandalous ok?

I mean even if I film something scandalous, it will be in private (HEHEHE).

I won't be able to publish it.... or the next thing Panasonic will ever sponsor me to use are their AAA+ Batteries. Now you don't want to see me blogging about batteries do you?

PS: I'm the first but not the only one okay? Panasonic is going to be sponsoring a few other Nuffnang bloggers so stay tuned for that okay? Heheheh

33 comments:

Cely said...

Eh, my camera rosak edi.. and i haven buy new one.. Sponsor me.. sponsor me.. hahaha...

**First comment?** :p

Evil Chica said...

2nd!!!!!!finaly. yay! am currently using Panasonic Lumix FX digi cam now..small, slim, compact n easy to bring everywhere. ....too bad im not qualified yet to be a nuffnanger...=(

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

haha can i volunteer to be a guinea pig for their cameras?

sourlemon said...

WHY BLOGGER? WHY MUST YOU ALLOW GOOGLE ACCOUNT!!!! Now I have no reason to be a silent reader *sigh*

I meant to leave my comment in your other post about neuffnang birth, but I'm too lazy to dig that up now.

First, congratulation on nuffnang. I have no doubt this will be big. So first question, will you hire me after I graduate? Now would be good too, but I have no clue what I'm doing now :D Oohhh nevermind, I forgot you guys are still in the poor process, once you become big, will you hire me? *big big big puppy eyes* (lolz what a scary sight!!!)

Second, congrat on the camera!!! Good to have connection eh? I can't believe Panasonic is so generous! I'm almost inspire to update my blog.

hm....the only suggestion I can think of is, tape the nuffnang gang at "work".

Is nuffnang only for malaysian? I don't get how the whole thing work. yes, I read your about page, but I'm still lost. How exactly does that work?

KY said...

tape a group dance at nuffnang HQ!

do it! and i don't mind a camera myself :P

nadnut said...

wah. so good. i also want. :(

MikeM said...

i also use a Lumix... how come they never call me wan? plus my mom is melaka biggest panashop dealer... :(

JacJac said...

lucky fella!!!


arrghhh


*supa jelez mode*


now boss stewie can camwhore more eh? ;)

Dan said...

signing up with NN suddenly sounds like not a bad idea after all!

JenNi Chung said...

Hey there happy man! How's the camcorder getting along? *LOL*

TenthOfMarch said...

Lucky fella. Nice deal you got there. So this is the new method of advertising eh?

Boss Stewie said...

cely: ahahahahaha ok i'll suggest you

ricci: to qualify as a nuffnanger you only need a blog lar!!

joe: hahahaha wahh!!! okok but remember that after i suggest some blogs to them, it's up to them to pick

n: ahahahahah!!! u're so funnny... thanks on your kind words about Nuffnang but it's still very very early to say anything... and yes.. i kinda like the camcorder already :P

ky: hahaha ok we'll do that!!!

nadnut: hehe ask ming!

michael: hahahahaha!!!

jacjac: yah.. and videowhore too

dan: hehehe yes it never is a bad idea

babyjen: hahaha wait ar... still testing it out

tenth: hehehe this kind of method has been around for quite a while.. like how they give LV bags to celebrities for free and stuff... except, now they're opening it up to more people like bloggers

TheBeerCrusader said...

walao... so syok ~

hm..

camwhore more and please snap pics of leng lui more !!

huahuahuaha ~~

Jess said...

*ahhhhhhhhhhh* so lucky~!!! the hypes of being a famous blogger!~

Boss Stewie said...

gila: hahahaha okok sure!

jess: i'm not a fehmes blogger ler..

electronicfly said...

*pout* I want my own camera toooooo!
What happens if you ter-rosakkan the cameras they gave to you on loan?

Evelyncyl said...

waaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!
LUCKY MAN = HAPPY MAN... Hey, enjoy ur new panasonic cams!
hmm... u can prolly camwhore more on ur blog, i guess... show off that sexy mole of urs! lol...

video blogging would be cool too...

kahpeng said...

nice ler got ppl sponsor :P mayb you can record leng lui that promote NN ? :P

Wingz said...

eh i volunteer to be a free product tester can??!!! pulezzzzzz

Mayz said...

i also want!! too bad, i cant be a Nuffnanger 'coz i'm still blogging on Friendster :( I'm not ready to do the big-shift to other hosts juz yet... Arrgh!! And i've been a reader + follower of urs since ur Boss Stewie@London with the Lengmou blog days...

Haha... those 'complaints' aside, congrats on the deal! And don't forget to keep updating ur blog with nice nice pics yeah .. and VIDEO now that u have a camcorder!

Donny Ang said...

hooray! Video of little timmy!

Danny said...

Hmm...now you can do better coverage of your traveling..to I don't know wherever. :P

Who knows, next up is travelogging Timothy.

My Canon broke...does would Panasonic please spot me too...pretty please. LOL!

meow said...

film about food!!!

Unknown said...

you lucky bus-turd...

pants dropping on one side yet?

bringing your camcorder where ever you go in the holster like a cowboy's gun.

i believe that thing can be used as a camera as well, u could stick to taking pics till nice vids comes along.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genova said...

now that definitely feels good to be a blogger

Kiss my ass said...

err... what can i do to enjoy the same thing u having? damn i am jealous...

§pinzer said...

Is that jen I see there? Wah bos, Panasonic rox la.. I've been using their Panasonic Lumix LX1 for almost 1 and a half years now, and it hasn't failed to produce nothing short of fantastic photos!

This is one opportunity that will benefit me, looking for better models from the Lumix category, so don't stick to camcorders only can? :P

Evil Chica said...

i am alredi a blogger lorrr..Boss nvr visit my blog one mah...

kimfei said...

why i never get such chance...i am the panasonic user as well..hehe..now i am using the newly bought Panasonic FZ8..very nice ...

Twinkle said...

Wahh.... ada toy baru!! Good on ya... Man, I am desperately need a new camera too...

miszmilk said...

Oh, do Boss Stewie TV! For a day or something :P

Jeffery Lim said...

hey ewe tiam:D aka timothy:D

haha.. just dropping by to say hi.:D