Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Old Penang and The New

I'm not a very good Penangite simply because I tend to spend all my time in the newly developed parts of Penang as opposed to the Old Penang Town.So last weekend I decided to do something different.

I drove into town to where the famous Penang Jetty, in an area also known as Weld Quay.

The view of the sea there was beautiful.

I admired someone's yacht parked in the water right in front of me for a moment and I pondered if I would ever buy a yacht if I were really rich one day.

But I lost interest in the yacht when I realised that I probably wouldn't use it for anything apart from impressing girls (which to some people could probably a good enough reason to spend millions of dollars).

Since I was there, I decided to have lunch at a new Hainanese Restaurant called Hainan Town.

While I expected restaurants in that part of town to be at least dirty looking, this one was clean, cosy and most importantly for me... cooling. Upon finishing my meal I walked around town a bit and glanced at the famous Penang Clock Tower that my school teacher used to tell me about.

My school teacher used to tell me that in his days, not many people in Penang had watches so they all depended on this one clock tower to tell the time.Though I'm not sure whether to believe him or not since he was the same teacher who once told the class that it was normal for school teachers to twist the nipples of their students if they were naughty or didn't do their homework.

The shy boy students who got their nipples pinched often cried in shame... but the thick skinned ones liked to act tough and moan
"Oooohh.. Ohhh... STIM... KUAT LAGI... TEKAN!!!".

I don't think I have to tell you guys which type of student I was.

Anyway, according to the nipple twister, sooner or later everyone neglected the clock tower and started getting their own watches and I could see why.

Because the damn clock wasn't working anymore and nobody bothered to fix it.

While my modest Swatch told me it was about 12 noon.

The old clock tower tried to lie to me by telling that the time was 12.55pm (HAH! SNEAKY CLOCK TOWER!).

So I walked around the quiet town a little bit more until I had enough.

Then I got into my car and........

HEADED TO OVER NEW PENANG WOOHOOO!!!
THE NEW QUEENSBAY MALL...

Now take a look at the OUTSIDE of the new Queensbay Mall in Penang.
Okay... then take a look at the INSIDE of the new Queensbay Mall in Penang. Does it look familiar?

YES IT DOES!!!

IT LOOKS JUST LIKE ANOTHER 1-UTAMA OR MIDVALLEY... BUT IN PENANG... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PENANG IS BECOMING more and more like KL.

And we're even reclaiming lots and lots of land.

Heck soon we'll have reclaimed so much land that we won't be an island anymore... in fact, Penang will be known as an INLAND city.. just like KL.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Anyway, I walked around Queensbay Mall to look for something to eat.

I was considering Beard Papa's lovely and rather expensive cream puffs but I decided that these expensive 'snacks' weren't meant for people in the lower income bracket like myself.

So I went over here. And had ice-cream instead!

Boss Stewie is fat... and happy (eventhough the picture makes it look like something was wrong with the ice-cream I was eating)....

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok.. my turn to be 1st !!!
DUn caareeee

Anonymous said...

2nd also MEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Anonymous said...

一不离二, 二不离三。。。

i am 3rd also !!!!!!!!!
wahahhahahaha

Boss Stewie said...

hahaha cely!

maybe i shouldn't have told u that i was updating my blog .... gave u a headstart that might piss some other readers off :P

Anonymous said...

Eh.. u were got tell me...

I asked u why u so long no update what.. then u said "aiya, onli 2 days no update what"

then i said.. "it's already more than 48hours"

then u go ahead and said "Ok, it's updated"

Then onli i come ge wo...

i guess i got the 6th sense u are updating.. so i asked u :p

penang still lack of karaoke box.. :p

Anonymous said...

BOSS YOU JUST ROBBED ME OF MY FIRST PLACE!!!!!!! AND I'M ONLY 28 MINUTES AWAY!!!!! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH THE EXASPERATION!!!!!

CANNOT THE TAHAN!!!!!

But still i must say.. I reckon u must b the type of student who would grab the teacher by his hand and then make him twist even harder and more. aren't you? muahahahahaha

cely you play cheat!!! smelly smelly smelly hahaha :p

Anonymous said...

heck. since i'm here already i might as well milk it for all it's worth. I was 6th and now I'm 7th! bwahahahahaha

electronicfly said...

*shocked* boss stewie betrayed Leka Leka!!

electronicfly said...

oh and i forgot to type this: The stim stim one is you right??

Anonymous said...

Ice-cream on stim!!! You ate testosterone ice-cream!

aL said...

how's the food in Hainan Town?

Kiss my ass said...

hah... 28 minutes late..... yo junkie... try being 10 seconds late...

right... i thought u'd settle for lecka? but PAPA BEARD ROXSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

anyway.... sien la... 1st impossible.. ... dont say last la.. lou mei ahh!!!

Anonymous said...

hey it's ok to be fat... after all, can go for liposuction rite?? so dun make urself feel bad over eating ice cream :)

Wingz said...

LAST!!!!

Anonymous said...

shireen: if i were you, i'd be pulling my hairs out. 10 secs is simply too much (or too little) to take. lol :p

Anonymous said...

expecting a place somewhere in the middle ...

***no eyes see ... grabs popcorn and sits in the corner ...

Boss Stewie said...

cely: eh penang got karaoke ar!!! so many... wait.. u talking about nice karaoke place like redbox or... karaoke KTV lounge like...

suicidal: hahaha sorry lar sorry lar

e-fei: hahaha no i didn't betray lecka lecka.. here dun haf lecka lecka.... hahaha and no.. i was the shy shy boy who after kena twist go and cry in the corner

mr cheah: lol mr cheah.. how are u mr cheah.. haven't seen u in a while

al: okok ler.. not too bad but not great either

shireen: where got impossible to be first.. u got first so many times before

slacker: hahaha okie okie !!

wingz: i should go to ur blog and do the same

earl: well u are still last :P

Anonymous said...

if wanna go karaoke, off coz go those redbox, greenbox, neway ma...

if go movie, sure go tgv, gsc.. :)

Last>?

Anonymous said...

Boss :"Oooohh.. Ohhh... STIM... KUAT LAGI... TEKAN!!!".
Cikgu :"Stim laginya,tak ape,mahu jentik tak?budak ni.awak-awal... dah rosak...

Boss Stewie said...

cely: what's wrong with the other places.. like "DE PALACE".. or what's that big entertainment center near imbi...

anonymous: yes... my teacher could see from young how i would turn out

Anonymous said...

boss...sorry but DON EAT TOO MUCH..gaining weight d hor =P

Anonymous said...

Yea Tim, you seem a little more tubby since the last time I saw you. Does the camera really put on 10 lbs?? Hmm.. or are you going for the 'boss' look?? In that case, you have a LooOoNG way to go yet.

This year is tough tim... I'm such a loner by nature. I miss you.

Anonymous said...

o.O whr got fat.. OK LAR!! if ur pants go around as a circle and not OVAL then not fat la. XD hmm i'll go try out papa beard ice-cream..

LAST LAST LAST.. MUAHAHAHAHHA

Anonymous said...

who mentioned Bintang Palace? call me, i recommend u to this friend of mine ... manager there, father's one of the boss there ... hiak hiak hiak ... boss sponsor room is it?

Anonymous said...

wakaka!! boss will make me end up at his dinner plate! stop toking bout fat.m sowie WHAHAHHA

Anonymous said...

Queensbay Mall were in Bayan Lepas area, right? It looked exactly like 1-U or Mid Valley maybe because they shared the same anchor tenant: Jusco. XD

Btw, I didn't go to the mall when I was in Penang last month. If I want the same city experience like KL, I would not go all the way to Penang damnit XD

Anonymous said...

hi to everyone from Singapore!

boss will grab the teacher's nipple and twist until the teacher screams for more... ooohh... ahhh... HOOoOoo~!!!

Boss Stewie said...

belle: oi! are u calling me faT?!?!

bunny: aww bunny... i know it can be tough being in your shoes. but think about it this way, you only have a few more months to go

mae: thank u!!! i am not fat! see?

earl: hahahaah i heard that is quite the notorious place.

chapree: what? why not? get a touch of home even when you're away mah

boss lepton: aiyo sorry boss.. don lar. it's for the best anyway, you'll make more money here than there.


william: hi from penang william :P

Anonymous said...

helloooo william!!!

muahahaha such a good excuse to post this.

LASTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Boss cannot reply k coz technically speaking this comment is to say hi to william. HEHEHE)

Boss Stewie said...

suicidal: fineee fineee

Anonymous said...

I travel to experience something new mah...not the same thing at my home. That's why :P

Jauh perjalanan, luas permandangan. Tapi kalau permandangannya sama saja dengan perjalanan yang dekat, tiada gunanya. XD

Btw, I'm last. HOOOOOOOOO!!!