Wednesday, March 19, 2008

How To Tell You're In A Relationship

Okay people around me seem to be getting attached lately and I now kinda seem like on the verge of being in one so I can't help but ponder.... how do people really know that they evolve from just dating into being a couple.

When I think back at my past relationships... I can't remember the turning point when we became a couple. I just remember waking up one day and thinking...
"Hold on... when did I become "Darling" and what are we doing grocery shopping together?"
I mean how do you cross the line from being John and Jane to boyfriend and girlfriend?

Here are a few ways that some of my friends have told me in the past.

1) Holding Hands

According to Nicholas here who just recently got attached, he says you'll know when you're in a relationship when the guy holds the girl's hand in public when walking and the girl doesn't resist. Then he does it again another time on another occasion and if she still doesn't resist then you're officially a couple.

2) Kissing

Some people say that the deal of being in a relationship is when you make that first kiss.

And when I say kiss, I don't mean a kiss on the cheek like what Dawn Yang gave this lucky dude.

I mean an actual kiss like that.


3) Shagging

When I was studying in the UK I had a close British friend that went by the name Alex. He was a babe magnet, he came from a well-to-do family and he was charming and confident to the extent that it was actually beginning to border arrogance (He never went over that border though).

So anyway, Alex used to tell me two things.
The first thing he said to me when he found out that I had a girlfriend back in Malaysia at the time was
"Mate... what the hell is that for? As if your dick could reach that far!"

Now the second thing he used to tell me was
"Mate... until you shag a girl you're dating, you're just best friends that kiss".

4) Farting

One of my friends told me that you know you're in a relationship with the girl when you like her and yet you can fart in front of her.Please tell me this is not true guys.

5) "Will you be my girlfriend?"

This is what some people do. And heck I got together with my first teenage girlfriend this way.
Just ask "Will you be my girlfriend?"

And if she says "Yes" then yay!!

If she says
"I can't... I like you too much as a friend"

Then you're totally screwed.

6) "Meet my Girlfriend"

Now here's what I think in my opinion is when you're really in a relationship.

It's when a guy goes out with this girl that he's kinda dating, then suddenly gets to know a really really really friggin hot chick which lets say is named Jenny.If the guy introduces you to that hot chick and says
"Hi Jenny, meet my GIRLFRIEND".

Then you're in a relationship.

43 comments:

immi said...

hmm... lucky u... looks like u've finally found ur mate. :) good luck!

as for the kissing and holding hands part, good friends can still do that to each other. so i guess the real acid test is when ur partner introduces u as his/her bf/gf. :)

KY said...

who who who?
surname WONG?

Cheng Chun said...

Have you done number 3 and 4 just yet boss. :P Or that would be too fast for your liking? Hahahahaha.

iamthewitch said...

You should add one more to the list... That is when you announce to the world in your blog that you are attached and introduce her to us, then you're officially in a relationship ;)

Boss Stewie said...

immi: no lar.. who sayy!!

ky: hahaha pls lar!!!

cheng: hahahahahah no larrr.. hahaha i innocent wannnn

iamthewitch: hahaha no ler i dun thikn i'll dot hat

JolineBaby Official site said...

So lame post!!! HAHA...-_________-
Anyways, who is that hot chick in the last entry?

MrChrispy said...

boss stewie!!! stop stealing other hotties' pictures and post them on ur blog, I am getting a nose bleed already! =P

pinksterz said...

boss didnt deny ky's comment! means that is true? :D

but whether true anot... i will still say:

YAYY BOSS NAK KAHWIN!!!

yapthomas said...

ohh... macam ini... i see...

haha Tim's girlfirend?
samanTIAH lor.. --___--

DeViLisH Est said...

samantha ur gf? hehehe..

tot of asking u whether wana be my bf.. hiak hiak.. oh well.. nvm then..
lol

Boss Stewie said...

vainprincess: haha that was a random pic of a random girl

mrchrispy: hahahah!

pink: ehh!! who say it's true!!!

yap: samantiah loll

devil: ohh... hahaha!! i don't know what to say

§pinzer said...

wah i still dunno how to find out wor, none of your description works for me :P

immi said...

told u everyone wants her to be sam. :P

Porcupine said...

Well, guess there's not much left to say is there?
I mean, I know, you know, we know, they know, she knows...
So I guess it's all just a matter of time before Tim finds love again...
All the best Tim!!!

P/S: Confucius say: Man who makes loves with rubber is much better than man who makes love with right hand.

reenz said...

i agree with all.except the sex part.can b gf bf without d sex wat.

Anonymous said...

yalor.agreed with reenz. why MUST have sex laa..


Boss nak marry soon? ;p

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to tell you this but the farting one is TRUE.

I hate to break it to you but the moment your girlfriend farts in front you, you have gotten yourself a WINNER. :D

FeR said...

finally the girl is going to get the recognition she deserves as your gf ah stewie! :P

everyone has the same thought as KY ler... :P

the only thing is - what took you so long?!! :P

Nadz and Johnz said...

Ya lorrr why so long!! Don't shy lah.

We need to know. The suspense is killing. This is not a korean love drama lah. No need to wait for the 100th episode to reveal that you're a couple.

Hehehe.. S W W Q? Hehe. Please tell lah please please please.

Leon said...

So you are now inspired to be in a relationship? ahah. which friends are u talking about? ;)

meow said...

nice entry... i like the last one, haha...

Eve said...

ur fren alex is really hot! looks like keanu reeves abit

MaN|acZ said...

Boss,

dun suspense anymore lah.. pls let us know who is it..

kekekekeke..

eStee said...

even if ur shagging she might not be ur gf... heard of fuck buddies? Or friends with benefits for that matter?

I think it's a decision. Being attahed is a commitment to another and you feel that commitment from your partner too. It's the trust that u are dating exclusively. And it's based on the famous 4 letter word -- LOVE (not fuck)

electronicfly said...

=DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

me thinks i know who. I wonder whether Mich will comfirm with me anot. =P

Lin said...

Hi Boss, the farting part is totally true. My boyfriend do that right in my face all the time. And I can introduce you to him. He is MrChrispy. =)

Anonymous said...

I like the farting part but is it really true?

Unknown said...

what's taking you so long fren??? at least tell me in msn 1st la, no need announce whole world yet. i hush hush for you, i promise

*no people, i WILL not tell. friends keep secrets* right boss?

Observer said...

Hmm....

Belle said...

seriously...my bf fart in front of me all the time..sometimes even put my face in front of his butt b4 he "phhhhuutt"

niama

ANYWAY U WITH SAMantiah ahh?!!!! omg omg finally
weee~~~~~

Belle said...

ehh forgot to list down,
1.you will know a guy is in a relationship if he is suddenly so busy to attend yum char talk cock session with you
2.you kinda always see him speaking of that girl..as for you boss U BLOG ALOT ABOUT HER HOR~~
3. u dont see him dating other girls oledi MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA (SAD PART LA)

BOSS!!!! LONGLONGLONGLONG OK?! *CHIONG CHIONG 9 9*

Boss Stewie said...

OI OIOI

when did i ever say anything about samantha

Kimberly Low said...

eh, when she swallows lah and u don't have to pay!

n.emator said...

WTH. Will people stop posting that pic of that guy with his shirt off?

WTF is he doing with his shirt off anyway?

n.emator said...

Kim: A blogger said recently - all boyfriends pay. Whether in the form of shopping, gifts, attention, & time spent listening to girl's emo moments and watching chick flicks when we'd rather be watching Iron Man. Paul McCartney is paying US$46 million for a few short years of shagging. I paid RM5,000 for trips, bags & food bills for 5 times of shagging in 3 months. Yeah, yeah I was conned and trapped like a "water fish". Mahai, RM1,000 each time. Even though 2 of those times was kinky as hell, and once was outdoors. Was she a "pro", or did I have a "relationship" with her?

All guys pay, babes. All guys pay.

It's not measured in sex or swallowing, it's measured in whether she'll stick by you, do little things for you and how much she missed you (not your credit card) when you're not around.

n.emator said...

Ah crap, why does my mouth run faster than my brain.. I've said too much, Boss can you delete the above..?

Simon Seow said...

So, you introduced Miss Wong to Jenny? Miss Wong also not bad mah.

MaN|acZ said...

who is Jenny?

JenKin Yat said...

hmm boss..i believe all the things listed are definitely true..
and also another, you'll quite often no where to be seen during group outings.. :)))

Chai Latte said...

wow. so you attached la. share who the girl lei? pretty? rich or not?

Unknown said...

See? I told you we are just waiting for you to announce it. I know, you know, he knows, she knows, we know, everyone knows! Tim, what take you so long????

SoPPy~! said...

I would totally shag your friend Alex.

Observer said...

I noticed u are doing no 4 at ur new pacmee msg..

Is this observer looking at the rite direction....